Sweats and Shopping

Amy's POV

I woke up the next morning at about six am. Riker suggested that we head over to a waffle house for breakfast for some 'bonding' time. He also need my help on buying Savannah a gift. Me being me, suggested we run there so then we can burn off that waffles that we eat. Probably going to be a bad idea. I haven't spoken to Ross since yesterday, even though he seemed really eager to talk. He was in the studio recording or writing or something. I tied my laces up and meet Riker at the front door. It was a nice sunny morning, which was a surprise because yesterday was so wet. The wedding which I attended to yesterday was really sweet and beautiful, and I'm not just saying that because I organised it. But it truly was.

"The waffle house opens in thirty minutes so we may as well walk." Riker suggested locking the door.

"No. Come on. We need to run." I said skipping on the footpath and the  jogging a bit.

"Ammmyyy." Riker groaned running with me.

"Whhaaaat." I groaned and laughed.

"I'm getting a stitch already." He complained and I stopped and laughed.

"You're so unfit." I smiled and walked with him.  "So, what were you thinking about getting Vanni?" I asked Riker.

"I don't know. Something nice. Probably like a necklace or a voucher or something sentimental." Riker told me.

"Aww." I said pinching Riker's cheek. "That's so cute." I teased and we kept walking. I forgot how far away the waffle house was. Riker pushed open the door and I walked in.

"Gross. Now I smell of sweat." I complained and sat down.

"Hey. You wanted to run. That's you own fault." Riker said and I rolled my eyes and we order two bacon and egg sandwiches because they are the bomb dot com and a waffle to share. I lifted the collar of my shirt and smelt it.

"I smell so gross." I said and pretended to puke.

"Yeah, it's true you do. Ross wont want to be near you anymore." Riker laughed and took a photo of me complaining and tweeted it.

"You're so mean." I said to Riker as I retweeted his tweet.

"See this is fun. We should hang out more." Riker suggested.

"Yeah. Definitely." I smiled and our waffle came.

"Butter and syrup?" Riker asked and I nodded and he poured like a tonne of syrup on our pancake.

"I'm going to be sick after this." I groaned and took a photo of our delicious breakfast.

"Anyways, speaking of Ross. Have you spoken to him yet?" Riker asked me as I put a mouthful of waffle in my house. I shook my head, chewed and swallowed my food.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Well, I don't wanna be the one to break this to you. But I saw him hanging out with Courtney yesterday." Riker said and I put my cutlery down. I shrugged.

"I know. I saw photos yesterday on twitter and instagram." I said and took a sip of my juice. "I suppose I don't really care who he hangs out with, but it is a little awkward for me, but if they wanna be friends, they can be friends." I smiled and kept eating. Riker nodded and we ate in silence.

"I feel so fat now." Riker groaned as we finished eating.

"You sound like a teenage girl." I laughed at him and paid for our meals and we left to go shopping.

"At least I don't smell of sweat." Riker laughed and I glared at him and hit his arm.  

"Ouch! That hurt." He said and I smirked.

"You deserve it." I said and poked my tongue out at him. We entered a mall and found a jewellery  store. I looked over at the bracelets while Riker just looked over my shoulder.

"Hi. How are you?" the lady who worked there said.

"I'm good." I smiled at her and looked at Riker and pointed to a bracelet. It was a pink gold chain and it had a couple of charms on it.

"That's gorgeous." Riker commented and the lady smiled at us.

"What's the special occasion?" She asked us and Riker raised an eyebrow.

"It's my girlfriends birthday next week." Riker smiled and the lady took the bracelet out of the glass box and clipped it around my wrist.

"Oh it's not for me." I said shaking my head.

"Oh don't be silly dear. I'm sure your boyfriend is willing to spend a decent amount of money on you. You're gorgeous." the lady smiled and Riker placed a hand on my shoulder.

"W-we're only friends. My girlfriend is at home with her husband." Riker said. When he said 'her husband' he pointed it my so the lady knew that we weren't a couple.

"Oh, I'm terrible sorry. It's just most of our customers come in with their significant other."

"Oh its okay." I smiled and Riker paid for the bracelet and we left.

"So, what's married life like?" Riker asked me.

"Oh. You're asking me. I mean, it's okay." I said and we started our walk back home. "Ross is always busy with work, you guys are on tour. We're both so busy, and we have Romeo in the mix as well." I said and Riker smiled.

"Well he talks about you all the time. Even when he seems disinterested or distracted." Riker smiled and I nodded.

"It's weird I suppose. Everything's just happening so fast." I said to Riker. "I could've died last week. I don't know how Ross would've been able to look after Roe all by himself." I said wiping a tear.

"Hey. I know my brother. He is very self determined. He looks after Roe on tour. Romeo loves him. They're always running around back stage and laughing and watching the football." Riker smiled and hugged me. "He is very lucky to have you in his life." Riker said and I blushed.

_______________________________________________________________

Comment:-

Rocky Road: If the next chapter should be Savannah's birthday.

Vanilla: If Ross and Amy tell the fans that they are married...and comment how.

Cookie Dough: If Ross attends Courtney's runway show

Peppermint: Comment your idea...