IM Toast

"Good morning Mr. Tomlinson," Leanne, who helps Harry manage his shop, greets him. It's actually going to be Tomlinson-Styles very soon, legally, but he prefers Tomlinson. They're not even married yet and he always introduces himself as Harry Tomlinson without hesitation - it feels right. He's wanted to be one since the first time he heard Louis say his name, actually. He gives her a curt nod and a smile.

He's tired, actually, because it's really hard to sleep without Louis. He's also tired because he's used to waking up early to make breakfast - which he doesn't need to do when Louis isn't around, because Paisley prefers cereal - and rises much too early out of habit now. He shouldn't complain. He doesn't have to come to 'work', technically, but he wants to. He needs something to busy himself with before he goes mad.

Business is fairly slow, as usual, because Holmes Chapel is rather small and people aren't exactly breaking down doors to buy dreamcatchers, but he tries to make the best of what he gets. He smiles as widely as he can at the old women who stop by and the lost looking younger adults who seem to recognize him and instantly get excited.

A day in the life, he supposes.

Louis hasn't called or texted today, so Harry doesn't allow himself on his phone. He knows he will end up calling Louis first if he does, and he doesn't want to disturb Louis if he happens to be busy. Louis will reach out when he's free. Harry is certain.

He trusts Louis.

Paisley is at school until a little past three, so Harry has all afternoon to himself after he finishes lunch. Leanne and two other women insist that he go home, because he apparently looks like Actual Death, but he can't help it. He's in love with his very soon to be husband and is struggling to adapt without him. Even when they do talk, things feel a bit strained - which Harry really doesn't blame Louis for, because he has every right to be tense - and Harry isn't even there to hug or kiss or soothe Louis properly. And it bothers him.

They're getting married in three and a half months. He's excited, but also extremely nervous because of the current situation. If Louis's mother isn't awake in time, Harry knows exactly what will happen. Louis will try to push off the wedding as far as he can, and if they do have it without his mum, he'll be grouchy and sad throughout the entire day. And that's not what Harry wants.

 He's only going to marry Louis once (hopefully), after all.

Paisley is visiting her mum this weekend, so he's completely alone after he drops her off. The house feels big and empty and he hasn't felt this way since... well, before Paisley was born. And it sucks, if he's being honest; it feels horrible. He orders Chinese takeout and watches reruns of reality television shows - the ones that Louis usually scoffs at and makes commentaries during the entirety of - until his eyes start to droop.

___________

Louis is tired.

He's tired of waiting around and he's tired of doing nothing all day; he's tired of loitering in the hospital and drinking bland coffee. He's tired of getting very little sleep and he's tired of knowing he's letting Harry down.

He knows Harry is sad when he goes an entire day without saying anything; he can sense Harry's hurt through his smiley face emoticons. And he feels bad, he does, but he's not on his phone very often as it is. Harry is probably busy anyway. He's raising a child. Their child. 

Without Louis.

They have another on the way, he remembers, and lets his head drop into his hands with a sigh. He's got to visit Harry, because he won't come see Louis if he continues to be shit at answering. 

So, as a spur of the moment type decision, he has Lottie drive him home on Saturday morning. It's very early still when he steps out of the car, so he can only pray he won't wake Harry. His keys rattle a little as he walks through the front door, toeing his shoes off in the foyer. The only light in the house comes from the windows, which are uncovered ("because natural light is more beautiful, Louis"), so Louis decides that Harry is probably still asleep.