Chapter 9: School?

Media: Seo Ji-hye as Queen Lorraine Clementine Fineux 

A/N: Please use your imagination for the character's hair and eye colors. As much as I want to edit them myself, I'm afraid I'd only make it worse! Hahaha. So anyways, I'll just give you an image of what they probably look like and then let your imagination run wild ;) 

 So anyways, I'll just give you an image of what they probably look like and then let your imagination run wild ;) 

"Your majesty, I've brought milady," the butler said after knocking on the door. 

"Please come in," Queen Lorraine permitted then the butler opened the door for me. I looked around inside and this seems like the queen's office. She's sitting in an elegant looking chair with a big desk in front of her piled by a mountain of papers. Not to mention, that guy is also in here. Tss.

"If you'll excuse me," the butler bowed down and exited the door behind me.

"Good morning Dew, I hope you had a good night rest?" the queen started.

"Good morning Queen Lorraine. Yes, I did. Thank you," I replied.

"That's good to hear then. Please take a seat." the queen said showing the vacant seat across Hiro.

I cautiously moved closer to them then sat down. I glanced at the guy who just looked at me with his usual blank expression. Seriously, it's impossible to read this guy. He's like a robot. He suddenly narrowed his eyes at me which made me sit up straight. What's his problem?

"Your eyes..." He muttered. "They weren't green." He continued in a serious tone. Oh, he noticed.

"Ah, this... I just removed my contacts." I casually told him.

"Contacts?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. It's something we humans wear to change our eye color or as a substitute for eyeglasses. Well for mine... I had my reasons." I explained. Why is he even interested?

"So that's possible huh..." I heard him whisper to himself.

"You've always had green eyes?" the queen also asked.

"Uh yes," I answered and somehow the expression of the queen changed. The atmosphere grew serious all of a sudden.

"Is there any problem?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Nothing... it's just that you remind me of some old acquaintances." Queen Lorraine replied looking a bit bereaved. I wonder what happened.

"You see, it all began about 1,100 years back when Elder Owen, who had the greatest clairvoyance ability foretold a prophecy." the queen opened up. "It was a prophecy of the kingdom's fall," she continued and a sudden shiver run down from my spine.

"At first, no one wanted to believe it, but a hundred years ago... the first part of the prophecy happened." the queen told as a glint of pain flash in her eyes.