Forgot your towel

Naomi's P.O.V

I woke up sweating. I had the worst dream. I was falling into the ground and Ray, my mum and Mr. Roberts were staring at me while i helplessly fell through the cracks into the firey pit below the ground.

"Husshhh it's okay" Ray whispered to me.

I was shaking and a tear rolled down my cheek. It felt so real. I was so scared. I have never in my entire life cried over a dream but i guess everything has a first.

But luckily i didn't sob, just a few involuntary tears slipped through my eyes.

I decided to shower to shake off that grim vibe. The hot water hit my skin. I brought the shower head to my back and held it in that postion. The water soothingly ran over my skin easing my aching muscles.

Mr. Roberts was my dad..... I don't think i can call him dad. I bearly know him. It's true that I've always yearned for a dad. When my friends showed me pictures of their families i always felt pain.

But now that he's suddenly back i don't think i can just accept the situation. The worst part is that my mum seems fine with it. Like he never left. That hurt me alot. Yes, i was happy she found him. But he better have a damn good reason to abandon my family.

I cried for the third time. My tears merging with the water. I leaned against the cold tiles and slid down to the bottom of the tub.

*knock* *knock*

I turned the shower off. And used both my hands to wipe my face. My nose was red and my face was pale. I looked like a ghost.

"Mi, you forgot your towel on the bed." Ray's voice boomed through.

Shit. With everything happening i had totally forgotten about my towel.

"Umm can you pass it? Thanks." I awkwardly asked Ray.

I opened the door. Careful to hide behind it so he cannot see me. I quickly grabbed the towel from his out stretched arms and closed the door. After wrapping the towel i opened the door and went into the closet.

"Looking good Mi.." a voice purred into my ear.

The hair at the back of my neck stood straight. Ray. Only Ray could do that to me. I closed my eyes screwed them shut as he slowly traced his finger from my jaw to my neck.

"Ra-Ray.." my breath was hitched.

"Shhh" he whispered.

Turning me around so that i was facing him. My thin towel separating my body from his bare chest. I looked into his eyes. His eyes were shut like he too could feel the goosebumps rise on his skin like mine.

He opened his eyes. His blue ones flaked with gold. Staring at me. It was beyond mesmerising.

"Hey listen to me" he whispered. His hand tilting my head so i was looking at him.

"Hmm" i responded to let him know i was listening.

"Give him a chance. I'm sure he has a reason. Trust me." Ray said as he kissed the top of my head. He was talking about my dad. Give him a chance? I don't know if i can....

I hugged him tight.

"I don't know Ray. I'm sacred." I replied honestly.

"About what?" He asked. As he played with my wet hair.

"The heartbreak. I can't believe no one told me. It broke my heart. I guess I'm not as strong as i thought. I don't think i have the strength to handle this." I said looking at his eyes.

He looked down at me too. His eyes flashing a emotion.... Fear? Why was he scared?

"No, you won't ever have to deal with heartbreak. Ever" he said as he kissed me again. This time taking my breath away as our lips met.

Can i trust Ray? Is there no secrets between us? As we broke the kiss i leaned into him. He held me tight. That moment he made a silent promise.

A promise that my heart won't ever break. Because little did he know my heart was in his palm. One wrong touch and i burst.

After i changed we spent a pretty average night. Watching tv and talking about anything except. Mr. Roberts. How could i have been so blind!

My dad Rob Black. Rob was short for Robert. I mentally face palmed myself. But to be fair he looked nothing like me well of course my hair was brown like him and my eyes were like his too. Gahhh. I feel so stupid.

I've never seen my dad before, I've only pictured him based on what my mum had told me over the years. Honestly he looked really good in person. But nothing like the dad i had in my mind.

The dad i had in my mind would have brought me shopping. Would be there for me those nights my mum worked late. I would be his lttile girl and he would teach me how to camp in the backyard. We would laugh at jokes. I waited and waited everyday for so many years for him to magically appear at my doorstep. But he didn't.

I gave up when i turned 14. My dad was only imaginary, i believed. It was my mum and me against the whole world. At least that's what i thought. I don't even know how to feel now. I feel so overwhelmed.

I leaned further into Ray. His eyes looked sad. He knew i was sad. I had barely spoken to him today. It wasn't his fault my dad turned up. I leaned into his chest letting my eyes close. Hopefully sleep would take me to a different world.

Okay... early update cus i have a busy week ahead Enjoy !! Xoxo