Chapter 21

Note: Sorry that I'm late with the chapter. I changed this one a couple of times before I felt like the chapter was complete. Enjoy!

Chapter 21

I followed Caine, even though he kept ‘ordering’ me to stay in the room. He was walking faster than I was, and something told me he was doing it on purpose.

When we reached the stairs, there were two Wolves being held apart by Scott and Alpha Dylan’s Beta, Jace. The gray Wolf was Liam. I didn’t recognize the large black Wolf, but it must’ve been Alpha Dylan.

We caught the attention of almost everyone downstairs, especially Liam’s. He growled in our direction when he saw Caine and me descending the stairs. He shifted into his human form right after.

Alpha Dylan didn’t shift back, but it seemed like he and Leila were communicating through their mind link.

“What is this?” Liam asked, closing the distance between us.

Macon— as discreetly as he could— handed Liam a pair of shorts. He put them on, keeping his accusing gaze on me.

“Charlotte, explain,” Liam ordered.

“What are you talking about? You’re the one who’s fighting with Alpha Dylan! You should be the one explaining!”

“What the hell were you two doing?” Liam snapped, looking between Caine and me.

Caine, who had been watching Alpha Dylan and Leila go, turned back to look at Liam guiltily.

“We weren’t doing anything,” Caine said, and he even took a few steps away from me.

“I can smell him on you,” Liam growled at me.

“Calm down, Liam,” I said, frowning at his behavior.

“She’s a fucking a little girl. What the fuck are you trying to do to her?” Liam snarled at Caine.

“Oh,” I mumbled, realizing what he was talking about.

“That isn’t any of your business. What Caine and I do is between us,” I told him.

“We didn’t do anything,” Caine repeated, and the fact that he was right, hurt.

I wanted to do everything with him.

“I know you didn’t do anything,” Liam told him, sourly. “I can smell her perfectly fine. She’s still pure and she’s staying that way,” Liam said, snatching my hand, and tugging me up the stairs.

Caine followed after us. I was surprised and annoyed that he walked a few steps away from us, keeping a distance from me.

“I’m talking to Charlotte. Get a different room because she’s not sleeping with you tonight,” Liam told him.

My jaw dropped when Caine had the nerve to nod his head in agreement. “I’ll wait out here. Victor will escort you out. Dylan is staying here, and I think it’s best if you two don’t see each other during the trip.”

Caine walked a few steps down the hall, while Liam pulled me into the room I shared with Caine.

If I hadn’t witnessed it, I wouldn’t have believed that Caine had done what Liam said. He had followed an order— from Liam.

“You’re not sleeping with him,” Liam stated, firmly.

“Right, you get to sleep with that girl, but I can’t sleep with my mate. In case you forgot, he’s my mate. He’s mine!” I retorted.