CHAPTER 3

|••• Violet's POV •••|

I wake up when that alarm clock who is definitely jealous of my relationship with my bed rings. I groan and reluctantly drag myself out of the bed. I am not at all a morning person. I could be very feisty in the morning according to Jasmine. She has a huge experience of it during our night outs. I lazily make my way for a hot refreshing shower while grabbing my toiletries.

The warm water freshens me and shoos away my laziness. As I step out of it and breathe in the fresh morning air, I come to an abrupt halt and groan softly.
You see, I am not the type to be firm on my decisions so I always seem to face this problem in answering the question 'what to wear today?'

Frankly, I am not that trend-conscious like Jasmine and could care less about it.Yesterday was a different case though. I just decide to go for my nike sweatpants with a white tank top. I tie up my blonde hair into a high ponytail and go make-up free like always. Don't get me wrong, I am not the type to hate makeup but I prefer it occasionally. Applying it everyday 7 in the morning is not my thing. Neither do I have the time nor do I possess the skills.

Once I am done packing my bag for school, I head downstairs grabbing my phone and a jacket considering the cool weather. There is still time so I decide to continue the current Agatha novel which I am dangerously addicted to but that's when my stomach makes that embarrassing sound indicating that I need to chomp some food. I make way to the kitchen and decide to have some heavy breakfast instead. Food always comes first.
Opening up some drawers here and there, I find cookies in one of the steel containers and there is no question of denial. I grab them like I have been food deprived for ages and put them on my plate. Along with these delicious cookies, I take a sachet of Nutella to complete this heavenly breakfast.

As I sat upon the stool near the kitchen counter, the doorbell rang. I rush towards the door and open it before my snoring parents wake up.
There she is, so very presentable with dark skinny jeans and a cute top with no hint of drowsiness in her posture while I completely feel like hitting the bed right now. She has always been a morning person.

"Morning." I greet her while opening the door wide enough for her to enter.

"Morning, Vi!" She says while pulling me in for a hug. She is a hugger, I tell you.

I continue my breakfast, not bothering to even share it with her. Call me anything you'd like but I hate sharing food. And when it's Nutella, I am the most selfish person on this planet. I guess this explains why I love Joey Tribbiani.

"How can this thing interest you?", She asks snatching my attention from food.

I see her holding my novel with a frown on her face. Another point of difference between me and her. She is into love stories while I prefer Agatha any day.

"How can you read a love story and actually enjoy it? I mean, its the same old thing, isn't it? Boy and girl meeting and then falling in love." I say.

"Except Nicholas Sparks." She dreamily sighs.

"Can't say I disagree." I nod my head vehemently.

She goes back to skimming my novel while I dive into my breakfast.

"Hurry up with that chomping." She mutters while I eat my last cookie.

"Done! Let's get going." I say, grabbing my car keys and my novel from her hands as she follows me out the door.

Unlocking my car, we settle inside and strap the belts.

"Jazz, do NOT keep your feet on my dashboard." I say rather sternly. She has this extremely bad habit and I leave no chance to scold her because of it.

I drive out of my lane while she inserts the C.D in the socket. A song by 1D starts playing and she groans.

"What did I ever do to listen this?" She dramatically says, covering her ears.

I laugh at her annoyance and take out the C.D. Anyway, the C.D is 'me +Tessa' thing considering we are the only directioners in the group.

______________________

I find a spot in the parking lot easily maybe because we are earlier than usual. We walk our way to the lockers while discussing common topics of interest.

As random topics start popping in our conversation, we decide to stroll around the garden and sit on the benches nearby. Just as Jasmine starts to gush about that crush of hers, Smith jogs up to us.

"Hey!" He greets us while pulling us both in a bone crushing hug .

"God! I can't breathe." I sigh dramatically, pulling away.

"What a delicate darling!" Jasmine says and rolls her eyes when she earns a glare from me while Smith laughs it off.

"How are you?" I ask him.

"Better than before." He says while I nod in response.

We walk inside with Smith who collects his time - table and I realize that he is with me for most of my classes.
As we reach our lockers and manage our books, I see the couple along with Tessa approaching us from the corner of my eye. I nudge Smith to divert his attention from his locker to a particular someone I bet he was eager to meet. He looks at me with a frowning face which suddenly turns into one of the widest smiles he could muster when he realizes what I meant. Tessa waves frantically at him, mirroring his wide smile and it's pretty obvious that she is more than happy to have him back. That actually splurges a ray of hope in me that she might actually like him but I push it away.

As they near us, we do our normal greetings before they completely turn towards Smith to ask him about his health and all.

" It's good to know that you are fine. I am just glad that my driver is back." Tessa says while engulfing him in a hug.

"I am not your driver, T .We just carpool." Smith says with a growl reluctantly pulling apart to which Tessa just laughs.

I smile at the thought of them dating and just the mere cute imagination makes me ship them harder. As the final bell rang making us realize that we need to move along, I wave my friends. Jasmine accompanies me as we make our way to our respective classes. Just when we were about to turn round the corner, Emily suddenly called me. I turn around and gesture her to speak up.

"Do you know when are the twins returning?" She asks me and it would've been loud enough for me to hear but since the hallways were filling up with chattering students, I could hardly make out what she was saying. Before I could poke my ears with my finger and try to listen, the once gossiping people fall into a pin drop silence and just when I scratch my head as why this miracle happened, the answer came striding along.
Sam Ryder entered the scene.

Really?

I make an irritated face at how stupid they were being.

You are a part of 'they', aren't you?
If you are so much bothered, be the change.

The ever so smart voice inside my head said making me realize just how hypocritic I sound. Here I stand blaming others when I myself was doing the same. Agreeing to obey the voice, I turn around on my heel while dragging Jasmine with great difficulty. She whines a little but I pay no heed to it which eventually shuts her up.

As we near our classrooms, I wave her goodbye and enter my english class.

To hell with Sam Ryder.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

A/N -

Hello readers!

I hope you liked the chapter.

Vote, comment and spread the word:)

Love always ,

KHUSHALI ~