Chapter 14 - Unfortunate Souls

Hey guys, check out the cover @stargirl423 made for me. I love it so much! So you all should go check it out :) It's amazing!
* * * * *
I woke up the next morning to find I was all alone. Dimitri was gone. And so were all my aches and pains from last night. I stretched my arms up, it feeling really good. Then I got out of bed. I looked down and noticed I was wearing a black button up shirt with some soft cotton shorts. I blushed at the thought of Dimitri dressing me last night. It was quite embarrassing. It was more than embarrassing, actually. But I'd rather be dressed than be practically naked.

Remembering what Shauna did to Thomas, I raced out of the room. I hoped Thomas wasn't sleeping in the same room as Shauna. I didn't want her hurting him even more for telling me what happened. I couldn't believe she actually hit a child. I knew Shauna wasn't a nice person but for her to stoop that low? It was shocking. She was giving me more and more reasons to hate her.

I raced down the hallway and walked into my room to find Shauna and Dimitri in there. Dimitri looked very angry and Shauna just looked plain pissed. I ignored them as I looked around the room, trying to find Thomas. He wasn't in the room. I turned to look at both Dimitri and Shauna. "Where's Thomas?" I demanded Shauna.

"I don't know, bitch!" She retorted and Dimitri pushed past her and towards me. He grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the room.

"Thomas is with Devon, so you have nothing to worry about. You should worry about yourself first. How's your nose?" He asked as we stopped in the hallway. He let go of my arm, turning around to look at me.

I touched my nose feeling no pain whatsoever. "It's good. I don't feel any pain at all." I spoke softly. He nodded his head before suddenly walking away. "Where are you going?" I called after him.

He turned around with an evil glint in his eyes, and a small smile curving up his lips. "I have a batch of humans waiting for me to be destroyed." He spoke slowly before immediately turning around and walking away. After a few more steps, he stopped again. "Try not to be too scared when you hear their screams." He said in a wicked tone causing me to gape at him in horror, before he continued on walking.

I felt sick, horribly sick. I wanted to run up to him and try to stop him. But I knew it wouldn't work. Nothing would. I could see it well in his eyes.

****
Breakfast was hard. I didn't know how I even went through it. All throughout breakfast, we could hear horrifying screams. Horrifying screams of those poor unfortunate souls. Even Shauna, was uncharacteristically silent. But thankfully the screams soon ended, leaving the castle in deafening quiet. I think the quiet that followed the screams was so much worse.

I knew Dimitri had killed so many humans in his past but now that it actually happened, and I had witnessed the screams, it was so much harder to swallow. I felt disgusted by him. So disgusted. I didn't think I'd be able to see him as anything but a cold-hearted cruel murderer.

It was almost hard for me to believe that Dimitri actually murdered humans as a hobby. I just couldn't comprehend it. Dimitri didn't seem like someone who murdered people. I couldn't put Dimitri and murder together. No matter how hard I tried. No matter the fact that I heard it actually happening. I couldn't believe it. But it had happened. And he was a cold-hearted murderer.

I kept thinking back to the Dimitri in my dreams. But more realistically, I thought of the Dimitri who wanted to eat ice cream with me. The Dimitri who actually ordered to eat ice cream with me. And of the Dimitri who healed me last night. He could have left me in pain but he didn't. The Dimitri who was actually willing to bargain with us. The Dimitri who kept his side of the deal, no matter how many times I broke my side of the deal. The Dimitri who didn't punish me when he so had the right to do so.