XLV - Candy Crush

Hey hey hey. :D

So I'm probably gonna update again tomorrow or Tuesday... Just 'cause.... Y'know... I'M GOING BACK TO SCHOOL AND I'M REALLY UPSET ABOUT IT. Is Grade 10 fun? e_e Because Grade 9 was horrific.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fourty-Five

The next morning, I had decided to stay in the compound with Elijah. My only other option was to go to the church with Marcel and Klaus, which I really wasn't interested in doing. Kieran was a nice guy, sure. But I didn't feel like being around that many people right now.

"Rose!" I heard someone shout from the middle of the compound. "You might wanna get out here!"

I recognized the voice. It was Diego. Elijah and I both looked at each other with confused expressions, then got up from our spot in one of the living rooms to go out and see him. Diego, as well as a bunch of other vampires, were standing in a circle around something.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Diego turned to face me, and then they all moved over so that we could see clearly. And there he was. Papa Tunde.

"You were right," Elijah murmured from beside me. Then, he sighed in relief.

I was going to take a step forward, then furrowed my brow. Papa Tunde was gone, but his power wasn't. "What the hell is happening in this place?" I groaned.

"What?" Elijah asked. "What's wrong?"

"I'm looking at a dead witch, and I can still feel his power," I said, sighing. "And the weird part is that the power isn't actually here, it's-" my eyes widened.

"Roseia, would you please explain?" Elijah asked.

"No time," I muttered, then sped off.

I ran as fast as I could to the cemetery, and the closer I got, I knew that it was true. A crowd of people, all crowded around the Devereaux tomb. Monique. Papa Tunde's death meant that his power went to Monique. And that meant that I was right about the four witches. There were four dangerous and powerful witches running around, each of them holding the magic that was supposed to be possessed by the harvest girls.

I went back to the abattoir, not going inside until my hands stopped shaking. I could tell that they knew I was here, seeing how Elijah came out to the front doors with a worried and confused expression. "Why on earth did you run off like that? Now is not the time to keep secrets Roseia."

"I was right."

"What?"

"The four witches. I was right. Monique Devereaux is back. She came back right after Papa Tunde died."

He swallowed, then nodded. "Yes. I suppose you were right, after all."

I sighed. "Elijah, we can't let her stay here."

"You mean Hayley?"

"Yes, Hayley. We should take her back to the plantation. Just for a while, until this all blows over. I'll look after her myself, maybe Rebekah can come too."

He nodded. "I agree. We need to keep her safe."

"We still have some clothes there. We can stay for a few days if we have to."

His lips twitched upwards. "You are very eager to keep this child safe, aren't you?"

"Not just the child, Hayley too. I want to... I just want him to be happy," I smiled a little, and he knew that I was talking about Klaus. "Just like you."