Chapter 5: Him.

Caden

I stepped out of my car before locking it with the key fob. Sulking my way up to the door, I pressed the bell and waited for the door to open.

"Welcome Miss Caden." Greeted Lilian, my housekeeper while offering to take my bags.

"Thank you, but I can do it," I smiled and walked past her, heading straight for the staircase leading straight for my bedroom. All I wanted at this point in time was to lie on my bed and think about how to get out of this mess with my very limited time.

"Hey, sis?" I heard Joanna call. I turned my head towards her in response. My seventeen-year-old sister is in her last year of high school. We're around the same height and we share the same colour of hair. An occasional person will ask if we're twins. The only major difference is that she got our fathers eyes. Standing at the door I took in her appearance, a sweatshirt and a messy ponytail.

"Caden?" My mom came in from the sitting room. After meeting her eyes, I knew she was aware of the situation at hand. Sadness swirled in her eyes, and her face told a tale of disparity. My father crept in behind her, the same look filling his features. They must be in here to talk about our predicament.

"Caden? How are you feeling honey?" Mum asked as she walked up to me and took my hands into hers, Joana and dad followed behind her. Their actions were suffocating, I needed to think and be alone at the moment.

"Caden. If you do not want to do this, you don't have to. This is purely your own choice; you don't have to fix the mistakes of others."

"Caden, please think about this decision, it impacts us tremendously."

"John, are you serious right now? Are you really trying to get your daughter to cover up your mistakes? Plus, we barely know this man!" mum exclaimed.

"It's not that I want her to... it's just... the consequences that follow this are tremendous."

"You want to sell my daughter to keep your money? That's twisted!" My mother bursted. Her expression was terrifying; I was glad I was not on the other side of it.

"I'm not selling my daughter, but I don't know what else to do! He has the ability to take everything we have. You'd have to work again, other workers may lose their positions, there is so much at stake!"

"He has to win the case first! That's not a given!"

"Georgia, why are you being too critical? You know why we have to do this, this isn't what I wanted, but it's what it has come to so that's what has to happen!"

"John I'm well aware! I've made my sacrifices too but I'm not willing to sacrifice my daughter!"

"I'll do it!" I screamed. This was not worth tearing my family apart for. Eyes wide open, everyone was staring at me. I looked away, I didn't want them to see me distraught over this.

Sighing, I continued. "I'll marry him because of everything that changes if I don't do it. I'm not willing to tear this family apart, to leave so many of our hard workers without a job. I can't just sit back and watch that kind of thing happen when I have the key to fix it. I'm not in a relationship at the moment either, so I don't have much to lose."

Looking back towards them, I noticed I had never seen them look that shocked.

"I'm tired; I need to be alone right now." I requested before walking away and up the stairs towards my room. I was glad no one said anything more to counter my decision. Perhaps, this was for the best. I took a bath and changed into my pyjamas. I sat on my bed and looked around the room. It wasn't as spectacular as you would expect from my father's job, but nonetheless it was homey and nice. The ceiling and walls were white with shiny brown tiles with a window view of nothing special.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Come in!"

The door creaked open and Joanna peeked her head through. "Is it okay if I'm in here?"

I gave a small chuckle.

"I already said you can come in."

She smiled before walking right in and having her seat right next to me.

"I came to tell you something that will make you feel better." She giggled and pulled a magazine out from behind her back. "Hey look who it is!"

On the cover of AND MEN Magazine was one of the most attractive guys I've seen in a while. He was dressed in a royal blue suit, white shirt and black tie. His dark hair was a professionally styled mess. His face a bit stiff while his eyes held so much focus. I furrowed my eyebrows as I narrowed my eyes at the image.

My God! That's the same jerk I earlier had a feisty exchange of words with. Staring harder, it annoyed me to the core that he looked so good. Too bad his personality reeked. If only people knew the real truth behind such a man.

"He's Blayze Norman, one of the most eligible bachelors of the world, and your husband to be!" Joanna exclaimed.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh come on Caden, are you trying to tell me he's not drool worthy? He's literally front cover material. So many women would line up to be in your place!"

"And that's supposed to make you make me feel better? Jo, you have no idea what he's actually like, he's a nightmare to deal with. My personal experience with him has taught me that already, the only thing he has going for him are the shallow things in life, he has money and he's attractive. I want something more than that."

"Wow, I didn't know how big of a deal this was. It's just kicking in." Jo stated as she stared at me. I could see the slight amusing look in her eyes.

"I have an idea, let's switch. You adore him so there isn't any trouble."

"No thank you," Joanna laughed as she stood up from the bed.

"Well, anyways, I call being the Maid of Honour, I don't care who the rest of the bridesmaids are, okay?" All I could do was shake my head in response. I could tell she didn't fully understand the weight of this sacrifice. I'm going to be tied to this man for many years to come and any possible chance that we will get divorced I will still have ties to him, the media and all those around me won't let me forget. I won't find someone who I really wish to marry and grow old with. I'm going to be stuck in a loveless marriage.

"Goodnight Jo," I gave her a sad smile.

"I'm leaving the magazine for you," Joanna giggled as she left the room.

"No! Don't leave him with me!" I called after her but my attempts were futile; she was already gone.

Looking down at the magazine next to me, I picked it up. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why does it feel like he's staring at me? What? Do you feel like you can invade my house too? Where are my scissors?" I wondered out loud before searching around for the scissors. I found one.

"Let's see how you like it when I come in and mess everything up for you!" I exclaimed as I began to cut up the front cover of the magazine with the scissors. Afterwards, realising the craziness of my actions, I gave a small laugh. A great way to get rid of stress and let out some of my pent up anger.

Please do keep on voting and commenting and thanks for all your cooperation...thanks. ♥