seventy nine.

Flora. 

I'm sat in bed, trying to fathom the energy from somewhere within me to get out of it. I watch Harry step clumsily around the dark room trying to get his stuff together for the flight. Shoving random t shirts and various YSL boots into the large suitcase on the floor. I rub my hands over my eyes. 

"Babe, go back to sleep, I can get a taxi" He says, I look up blearily and he's looking at me, a white shirt in one hand and a phone charger in another, his hair tied into a wispy bun.

"No.. I want to drive you" I say indignantly, my voice cracking from the 4am awakening just 10 minutes ago. He frowns in defeat, his brow creasing as he tosses a few more things into his suitcase. I continue to watch him before finally dragging myself into the bathroom to clean my teeth and wash my face, I pull a pair of leggings on, not even bothering to change Harry's t-shirt I wore to bed. 

By the time I've dragged a brush through my unruly bed hair and put a jumper on Harry is zipping his suitcase triumphantly, I resist the urge to crawl into his lap and have one last cuddle, something tells me he wouldn't be too pleased about missing his flight. He stands up, looking at me where I'm watching him in a sleepy daze. 

"Are you sure you're going to be okay all alone?" He asks.

"I don't know.. I mean you are taking Amber.. and Niall.. and Vix..." I say, teasing, but his face falls a little. 

"I'm sorry, you could have come but you've got a scan and a full health assessment and blood tests scheduled and I don't want you to miss them they're important" He says defensively, looking at me as if searching for signs that I'm not going to be okay. He gulps, his fingers playing with mine at my side. 

"I know, I'm going to miss you is all" I say, feeling a little choked up already. I know I'll cry at the air port but I was going to wait until I got back in the car. 

"It's just two weeks, this is a huge deal, you know my dad is worried about the company already, passing this up would make him really mad. If you need anything you can call my mum or Gem, and your parents are half an hour away" He says, as if he's reassuring himself. I wrap my arms around his waist, burying my face in his chest before speaking

"I'll be fine" I say with a small smile, patting his back soothingly. He attempts a smile and I go to pick up his suitcase. 

"Don't you dare" He says, snatching the handle away from me, I smirk, holding the door for him to carry it downstairs. 

It takes us under half an hour to reach the airport, as I pull into the short stay car park I notice Harry is looking at me. I finish parking, turning to look back at him, a niggling feeling in the pit of my stomach. 

"I don't know why you're looking at me like that, you're the one leaving" I say, undoing my belt to walk to check-in with him. He doesn't say anything he just continues to look at me like a sad puppy. I get out of the car, shivering a little and opening the boot as he lifts his suitcase out easily, hooking his hand luggage over his shoulder. He holds his hand out for me and we walk towards the double doors, the airport must be the only place busy at this ungodly hour. 

We follow the signs for check-in, stopping a few yards ahead of where he needs to join the queue. 

"I guess I'll see you later then, huh" I say casually, turning to him, he's chewing his bottom lip.

"Make sure you call me every day, I want to know everything.. even if it's an embarrassing health problem" He says, hugging me so tightly to him I think he's never going to let go, my body pressed to his under his large arms. I realise that by the time he lets go I'm crying. 

I look away from him, wiping the traitor tears furiously. Jesus Flora it's only two weeks. His eyes look to my lips and he takes my cheek in his hand, pressing his mouth to mine hard, almost knocking me back a little. He pulls away I'm not sure how long later, wiping a thumb along his bottom lip. 

"I don't want you to miss your flight, you should go" I whisper. He nods, still staring at my mouth. He looks like he's about to say something else but he closes his slightly parted lips, hugging me again quickly and kissing the top of my head. 

"Bye babies" He says, scratching a hand affectionately across my stomach. 

"Look after yourself, alright?" He says, pecking me again. All I can do is nod as he rubs my arm gently and picks up his suitcase, joining the check-in line. 

-

When I finally pull up in Harry's drive my face is still a little damp, not even MacDonald's breakfast has cheered me up, god knows what the woman in the drive-thru thought, she knew better than to ask of course.  

I unlock the empty house, chucking my rubbish in the bin and deciding at quarter past six the only right thing to do is crawl back into bed with my face buried in Harry's pillow.

I wake up god knows how many hours later, rolling over in exhaustion when I hear a noise by the door. I yelp in surprise when I see Edward standing by the door, a broad smile on his face.