Chapter Twenty Two: Love, Heart Break and Trouble

" I never thought our friendship would end like this, I never thought it would end at all." -Amara Abdullahi, FH.

CHAPTER TENTY TWO: Love, Heart Break and Trouble

Zubair Hassan

That night I couldn't sleep at all no matter how hard I tried. And trust me, I tried but just the thought of getting married to Amara was enough to keep me up all night. What will she say? Will she say no? Will she reject me? Just thinking of it makes my head hurt. "Hey, bro." My younger brother Harun said as he walked into my room. "What's up?" I responded as I got up off of my bed. "So I heard about it. You're getting married?" He questioned with raised eyebrows.

I let out a sigh as I ran a hand through my hair. "No, well not for a while at least and that is if she agrees to it." I really hope she does. Of course I wouldn't want to get immediately but if it's with her I'd be okay with getting married right away. "You love her, don't you? It's written all over your face." Harun stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Am I really that readable?  "How does it feel?" He asked, sounding genuinely curious.

I don't know how to explain it, I thought to myself. I simply got up and patted his back. "You'll know it once you feel it." I tried to put in simple words. There's really no way to describe how being in love feels like. I just know that I'm in it. Man what is wrong with me? I was never this cheesy! In fact, I used to make fun of couples who were. What is happening to me? I honestly think I'm losing my mind.

Amara Abdullahi

Even though life was never simple for me ,it was also never this complicated and confusing. Right now I have no idea what I'm even supposed to do with this whole situation. My father told me not to do anything but I can't stop urge to react and do something. I can't just wait for things to clear up on its own. I've always been the kind of person who makes things happen rather than sit around and not do anything at all.

I feel so useless right now. "Hey what's wrong?" Amelia sighed as she looked at me. I grabbed the purple bean bag that was in her room and sat closer to her. "Can I ask you something?" I said, changing the subject.

"Shoot." She replied turning to face me.

"If something bad is happening to someone you care for, you would try to help them in anyway possible right? But what would you do if that person is telling you to back off? Even though you know you can't not do anything. What would you do?" I looked at her in wonder. She seemed thrown off by my question by the look on her face. "Of course I'd help them no matter how many times they'd tell me not to." She replied hesitantly.