Eight

~Frank's POV~

It had been about a week since Gerard and I had sat together in the library that night. We met up there regularly, it had just become a routine.

Neither of us had said anything about relationships... But I still constantly thought about it. Even in lecture.

"Frank!" Someone, Ray, smacked the back of my head to pull me out of my daydream. I gave him an irritated look, but he just nodded towards the front of the room.

I rolled my eyes and tapped my pen on my opened notebook. There was nothing there. It was blank as always. I figured I'd copy Ray's notes later...He always let me, as long as we weren't sharing homework assignments as he had said in our first days here.

"Class dismissed!" The teacher at the front of the room called out, "Reports are due Tuesday! On my desk by five or no grade."

Shit. May have been neglecting that one a bit.

"Ray!" I tried to stop him before he hurried to his next class, "Do you still have those books we checked out awhile back?"

"Frank, there's a thing called a turn in date." Ray replied, pushing his papers into his bag, "Looks like you have to go back to the library."

"Oh, what a shame." I grinned.

"For you it isn't..." Ray chuckled under his breath.

I tilted my head at Ray as he shifted his bag on his shoulder and started walking out. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Ray laughed, "Like you don't know!"

"I don't?" I laughed in confusion.

"Frank, you're there almost every night! Then, when you aren't, you mumble in your sleep about the dude you meet there."

"Gerard." I corrected him.

"See!" Ray exclaimed, "Point proven!"

"Whatever!" I rolled my eyes. I didn't spend that much time talking about Gerard...or spend that much time with Gerard...Did I?

"Will you ask the dude out already?" Ray asked as we walked down the hall.

"Don't be crazy!" I exclaimed, maybe a bit too loudly. Students walking past us stared for a few seconds before we passed them.

"Frank, you're the one being crazy by not doing it! You had no trouble any other time..."

"How do I even do it!?" I blurted out. I stopped walking and looked at Ray nervously. He stopped walking too. He looked at me for a minute before pulling me to the side of the hall and out of the general foot traffic.

"What do you mean?" Ray asked, leaning against the wall.

"I've never asked a guy out before!" I exclaimed in a hushed tone, "Before I met him, I never thought I would either!"

"Just ask!" Ray laughed. He put his hand on my shoulder and continued, "Frank, you're making a big deal out of nothing. It's just like anyone you asked out in high school. Stop working yourself up."

I let out a breath of air, trying to calm myself. This was a time of experimentation, right? I just had to follow it like Ray had said and be casual about it... Like any girl I had asked out in the past...Maybe...Maybe when I saw him tonight...

"You alright?" He asked me.

I nodded and he smiled, patting my shoulder.

"Good. Feel like some food?"

"Hell yes."

~Gerard's POV~

"Thanks for letting him check out the violin Mr. Hoppus." I heard Mikey thanking the music teacher.

"No problem." Mr. Hoppus replied back simply, "Now, how about you show me some of those bass cords I tried to show you last week."

I slid my hand along the cold, smooth surface of the violin. I wanted to know every detail to get a picture in my head. I had gotten an idea for a character design while being dragged to one of Mikey's music classes. A body of an instrument would just further deepen my character, I felt. Also, if I could pull it off that'd be pretty cool.

I heard Mikey's bass being strummed somewhere in the room around me. I just traced my hand along the strings now, picturing their size and length. I wanted to learn every detail.

After awhile, I had ran my hand over the entire instrument and Mikey had finished playing. I felt a hand, bigger than Mikey's, pat my back.

"All good, kid?" Mr. Hoppus' voice rang in my ears.

I nodded, "Yea! Thank you for letting me check it out, sir!"

"Anytime!" The teacher laughed.

"C'mon Gerard!" I heard Mikey holler. There was the faint snap of his case, "I've got to meet Pete."

"His class already up?" I asked with a grin. I felt around for my cane, finally finding it rolled toward the end of the table.

"Few minutes!"

I heard his footsteps cross the room and his arm on mine.

"You can meet him if we hurry."

"Ooo! I finally get to meet this dream boat of yours!"

"Shut up!"

We both thanked Mr. Hoppus again and I let Mikey lead me out. We walked in silence. The noise of the people walking past us being enough. He finally stopped.

"Pete! Ba-hey!"

"You were gonna call him baby."

"Shut up Gerard!"

I heard a rush of footsteps that stopped just next to me, in front of where Mikey stood.

"Hey!" A new voice exclaimed. He almost sounded like a kid from his excitement. It made me laugh.

"Oh, Pete, this is Gerard. He's the brother I told you about." Mikey introduced.

"Hiya, Gerard!" Pete's excited voice rang through my ears.

"Hi, Pete." I extended my hand and he shook it eagerly. I felt like this kid was more on the hyperactive side of the spectrum.

"So, ah, Mikey..." Pete must of already turned back to my brother, "You...You're still good for our movie date later, right? Original Friday the 13th with some classy theater popcorn."

He seemed to get more confident as he spoke. His nervousness only lasting a second or two.

"But of course." I heard Mikey giggle. He fuckin giggled. Oh I wished I could see the look on their faces. It had to be priceless.

"Gerard?" Mikey speaking to me had pulled me out of my wish for sight.

"Hmm?"

"Frank is meeting up with you tonight, right?"

I smiled at the sound of his name. My Frankie. I was already so ready to see hi-well...be with him.

"Yea." I replied, "We have plans of our own."

"Boy friend?" Pete asked.

"Not quite yet..." I replied quietly, the smile still on my face.

---

A/N
Okay this was kind of a build up chapter so I'm sorry if you found it boring, I promise it'll get better!!

Thanks for reading if you are, hugs!

~Skittles out~