Chapter 25

Luke wasn't quite sure why, but he was nervous as to what would happen after school later that day. Him and Ashton made a compromise that they'd go somewhere and sort out what was going on between them and Luke was happy about that. They can't just break up and expect to instantly get back together without talking about it. And plus, they liked it better that way.

Ashton was confident that they'd be able to figure things out, he just hoped Luke felt the same way. The curly-haired boy hated how he was so insecure when it came to Luke, he couldn't help it however. It's the way he is and if he could change, he would. He also hated that he doesn't like himself the way he is, although many teenagers don't. He wished he could be like Luke and not care what people think.

He admired Luke like that.

It's one of the reasons why Ashton loved Luke, he loved that Luke loved himself. Ashton understood that it must be hard for Luke to be in love with someone so insecure and didn't get why he's stuck beside Ashton for this long. Well, if Luke was insecure than Ashton would want to show Luke how beautiful he was so he guessed it worked both ways.

Ashton believed that Luke though he was beautiful, he just couldn't believe it himself. Maybe that was another reason why Ashton didn't want to lose Luke. He'd have no one to boost his self esteem. Ashton sighed, hating how selfish he sounded and checked his phone, seeing a message from Luke. Ashton asked if Luke wanted a lift to school, however the blonde declined and said Liz had to talk to him so he'd be late for class anyway.

Ashton hated himself for feeling so let down and clingy, because Luke had other priorities and obviously can't be with him all the time. That's another thing he had to deal with and get used to. He always wondered if Luke got jealous when him and Calum used to hug. He didn't think he'd ever be one to get angry at his partner for being jealous. If anything, it just means they care. So therefore, he'd feel special.

-

"Are you serious? Do you realise that this could potentially ruin my relationship with Ashton?" Luke said sounding distressed.

"I'm sure you guys can talk about it another time, you can ring him when we get to Melbourne."

"We need to talk in person! oh god.. he's gonna be so mad at me.. especially since you're making me keep this a secret!" Luke shouted, rubbing his temples.

"Hey, don't shout. Look, I'm sorry. But if we don't go look at the house today, we might not get it."

"Why is this particular house so important to you?" Luke questioned, earning Liz to go silent. "Mum..?"

"That's not important, now get your things." Luke decided not to push the matter any further and just went and got his things since he didn't want to stress his mother out anymore than what she already was. He was a bit angry since he didn't at least get to explain to Ashton in person why he had to leave so suddenly, but then he remembered Liz told him not to tell anyone until they got the house for sure.

Luke thought that was stupid since they weren't moving until the end of the year anyway.

After the blonde quickly shoved a few clothes into a bag along with a few other things, he made his way out to the car to see Liz tapping on the steering wheel impatiently. Luke jumped in the car, throwing his stuff into the back seat and immediately put his ear buds in. Luke felt horrible for not telling Ashton where he was headed, but how could he when Liz said to keep it secret?

It wasn't fair on Luke or Ashton.

Luke began to think, would Liz find out if he did tell Ash? He didn't understand what the big deal was and come to think of it, Liz went quiet when Luke tried to ask about the house. What was so important about it? He wanted to know, he just didn't want to stress her out anymore. It was obvious she was. Luke had to tell Ashton something, he couldn't just leave him hanging.