Chapter 29

fond fond fucking fond :)))

It's been a month since Ashton and Luke last saw each other and the pain that they both felt was indescribable. The curly-haired boy was graduating in a week, but he couldn't think about that. All's he ever thought about was Luke. It was making him physically sick not being able to see him and talking on the phone to him every night for hours just wasn't the same.

The only good thing that's happened since Luke's been gone is that Calum and Ashton are on good terms again and they've become closer, and the fact that his Mum buys him ice cream when he's sad. Which is basically all the time, so therefore he eats at least one carton every two days. It's the reason why he's gained quite a bit of weight, but he just didn't care. Luke wasn't around to see it.

Ashton never used to be this lazy, but now he barely left his room. It was really unhealthy and Calum didn't want him to gain so much weight that it messes with his mind and causes him to have mental illnesses. The thought scared him. Not the gaining weight part, but he just wanted his best friend to be happy and healthy.

Calum was thinking, and if Luke and Ashton broke up, the curly-haired boy probably wouldn't be as upset as he is now. Of course he'll still be sad, but at least he'll want to move on with his life. Well, he assumed he would. Because Luke being gone was tearing Ashton apart, not knowing when he was going to get to see him again. And if they weren't together, he'd have nothing to worry about. It was the best thing for both of them, they had to go their separate ways. Calum walked up to Ashton's door, knocked and waited patiently until the door opened and he's was met with a bored looking Harry.

"Hey is– yeah he's home." Calum remembered, knowing he wouldn't have left his room. Harry sighed, letting the raven haired boy walk in.

"Can't you guys just date? I mean, at least you're here." Harry begged, closing the door.

"I'm not gay, Harry. But, I do think Ashton and Luke should break up. It'd be a lot easier on the both of them." Calum stated.

"What?" There was a voice in the hallway, Harry and Calum turning their heads, seeing Lauren standing there with an appalled look on her face. "You can't make them do that."

"I never said I'd make them, I just think Ashton would be better off if–"

"No. That isn't your choice. Luke makes Ashton happy and he loves him, leave it alone." Lauren said sternly.

"I've known Ashton longer than Luke."

"That doesn't matter," Lauren laughed. "It matters who treats him better, and by the looks of it, Luke does."

Calum scoffed. "Really? Because if he actually cared about him then he wouldn't have just fucked off."

"He had no choice! Ashton told me the story."

"I want my brother back." Harry interrupted. "And if him and Luke breaking up brings him back then so be it."

"What makes you think that's gonna bring him back? If anything, it'll make him even more upset than he already is!" Lauren yelled, thankful that Anne wasn't home. "What we should be doing is reuniting them."

"Oh yeah, reuniting them and then Luke will have to leave again. It'll be a never ending cycle!" Calum shouted and Lauren looked defeated.

"You're a dick." She said before walking away. Calum shook his head, making his way up the stairs, leaving Harry alone.

Calum opened Ashton's bedroom door to be met with him laying in bed whilst looking at the scrapbook Luke made him. He stood there for a second about to walk over to him until Ashton sat up and looked him dead in the eye.