Chapter 2: A Boy Named Sole!

F I R S T A R C : B E G I N! [ Opening: Wonderful World by FUNKIST ]

Special OST: Moon (on the side)
__________________________

Chapter 2: A Boy Named Sole!

___ ___ ____ _____ ____ _____ ____

My eyes flutter open as a chill settles into my bones. I want to stand but my limbs do not respond to my desperate attempts. My vision blurs, the sheer whiteness of the surrounding area is glowing like sunlight reflecting off of a crystal's surface. My teeth clatter together, my tongue limp at the bottom of my mouth and my face and body numb from the bitter cold circulating around me.

"How did I get here...?"

A snowflake lands on my lash and I blink it away, my mind sending me cruel thoughts. No one is coming to save me. The pain in my right arm is proof, the wound, gushing scarlet rivers into the snow. I long for warmth and safety but no one is coming for me.

I have nobody.

The pain of that realization hurts worse than any wound and any beaten I have received over the short eleven years of my life. A single tear slips down my face as I think of a warm place. Someplace where I'd be safe forever. But then I slip into unconsciousness and the world seemed to disappear into a place of frozen darkness.

๑۞๑

"Mommy, what's wrong with him?"

"I'm not sure, dear. Get away from there! That boy has been infected!"

"But his arm looks so cool!"

"Shoo Shoo!"

The sound of a child giggling wakes me from my sleep.

"Usaph!"

I glance around the room quickly, seeing nothing but a startled woman and two children. My hair is down in my face in an overgrown mess of silver. I narrow my eyes suspiciously and frown.

"Where am I?"

"Just a town house here in Mineas."

"Why am I here?"

"We couldn't let you freeze last winter. We found you outside of town in the forest. It's especially dangerous there so I couldn't let you stay, especially with your injuries," the woman chuckles, "I still can't believe that you were asleep for half a year, though."

The woman rings out a cloth and places it on my forehead. It feels warm.

"Wait! Half a year!"

She stumbles backwards in surprise, nodding softly. Her two children, who are probably two years younger than I am, watch me from the door entrance. The boy holds a stick in his grasp, ready to attack me if I did anything to their mother. I sit back down with a grunt and examine my bandaged body. I try to remember why I am injured but nothing comes to mind. It's painful trying to think of anything from the past. I slowly unwrap my right arm, few memories flooding back. When the bandages fall, my jaw drops. My small, white arm has been replaced with a slightly muscular silver one. It's weird to look at because it's out of contrast against the paleness of my skin. I stare at it, fascinated by it.

"It's a Caravala arm."

I look at the woman.

"A...Caravala?"

"Yes. They are demons from a completely different world than us. They are beasts who feed off of the flesh and blood of human beings, devouring anything they can," the boy says from the door, "And you are one too! Monster!"