Chapter 2 - She's On The Hunt

Dedicated to my AWESOME and AMAZING editor, thanks so much for all your help girl and for putting up with my weirdness.....lol

~ ~ Chapter Two ~ ~

Walking into the small diner-like cafe was exactly like the last time we all went human and grabbed some food – everybody turned and stared. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if this was, say, a huge city but it’s not, it’s some small backwoods town where nothing interesting ever happens except for a bunch of teenagers to walk in all starving hungry.

Harper walked up on my free side and slung an arm over my shoulder, grinning down at me, “What’ll it be sis’, my shout,” he winked as I rolled my eyes at his overly kind gesture.

“Burger with the lot and chips on the side, smothered in chicken salt and gravy...plus a large drink, you know, since it’s your shout and all,” I smirked back at him.

Harper chuckled as he pulled his arm away and looked over at Brody and Chris who were staring up at the big blackboard with the chalk written menu, both pointing and going on about what they each wanted. “C’mon, it’s my shout everyone, so hurry up and pick something,” Harper called out, gaining even more attention than what we all did when we stepped in through that small doorway just moments ago.

All of the noise we were making must have drawn the attention of the waitress from out back since she came lazily walking through the plastic strips hanging down over the open doorway, a pen and small notepad in her hand ready to take our orders but she stopped short when she looked up and noticed us all.

Her eyes narrowed slightly as they slowly ran over all of us, taking in the way we looked and probably trying to decide whether we’re worth serving or not. She seemed to be like mid thirties with hair that was already starting to grey a little and she smugly pointed to a little handmade sign and spoke, “No shoes, no service.” Her voice echoed the words at the same time that I happened to read them.

“Sorry,” she muttered with a smirk and my eyes narrowed, she wasn’t freaking sorry at all.

Saxon took a step away from me, releasing my hand as he moved towards the counter, standing up to his full intimidating height as he glared down at her and despite the counter still being between the two, the lady was quick to step back and lose her smug look.

“If I say you’re serving us, then you’re serving us – no arguments,” he growled in a human way but the threat and power behind his tone was clear to not argue with him, even though she obviously wasn’t a wolf, she understood perfectly.

I smirked as she gulped, yeah, normally I would have felt sorry for her but since she just threatened to not serve us – she gets no compassion from me. I'm a starving growing teenage girl here, I need my food.

Harper walked up to the counter, side stepping Saxon a little as he grinned at the lady and rattled of mine and his order first, then Brody and Chris told the lady theirs, followed by Vance, and Saxon was just a big old copy cat and copied mine.

I rolled my eyes before walking over to one of the empty tables in the corner by the open window, sitting down and putting my feet up on the chair across from me, I couldn’t help scrunch my nose up at how filthy they were.

“Better hope the wind doesn’t change,” Chris smirked as he slid into the seat next to the one I was using as a footstool.

Glancing over at him I laughed sarcastically, “You’re so funny – not.”

He just shrugged with a small grin, “I guess someone just left their sense of humour in the state behind us.”

Rolling my eyes, I groaned softly. I like Chris, I really do but after spending practically every waking minute with him and the others for the past two months – I'm so over them all. Saxon seems to be the only one I can stand and I think it has a lot to do with the fact he’s quiet most of the time.