Short Swimming

I woke up to the sun in my eyes. There was no noise around me, I sat up and looked around. We were parked in the grass next to the Georgia boarder.

"Yes, we made it", I said. I got up toking the blanket off of me and climbed down the ladder to the RV cabin.

"Good Moring Maddie", Ava said to me. I smiled at her.

"Mornin Ava, how are you going?", I asked.

"Good", Ava said. I looked around and everyone was gone.

"Where is everyone?", I asked.

"Well, they found this pond in the woods and found that it was a great idea to swim in it", Ava said rolling her eye. "Who knows what might be in the water, virus, bacteria, or worse stuff",.

"Ava its probably a natural spring", I said crossing my arms.

"You are probably right, come on I will lead you there", Ava said walking out of the RV. I followed her off of the RV and she lead me in to the woods. There were tall pine trees and oaks every where making the forest really shaded.

"Are you sure they went this way?", I asked.

"Yes, believe me", Ava said.

"Alright", I shrugged my shoulders and followed her through deeper in to the woods. I then heard hooting and hollering and splashing.

"Yep, now I believe you", I said. WE came to a clearing where I saw everyone in this lake except Wade who was holding on to a rope about to jump in to the lake. Annalee was the first to notice me.

"Maddie, your finally awake, come swim with us", Annalee called.

"Okay, Ava you coming", I asked.

"I'm going to watch", Ava said.

"Suit yourself", I said taking off my lumber jack shirt. But I had a tank top on so don't worry. I decided that my shorts will dry out. Wade ran in to the water jumping in to the rope in to the water.

"Great splash, Wade",  Fritz said applauding.

"Thank you, thank you, Maddie, do it", Wade said encouraging me to swing on the rope.

"Okay", I said walking to the rock were the rope was connected to a large oak branch.

"Don't worry Ill catch you", Mark said raising his hands in to the sky. I giggled. I grabbed on to the rope then took a deep breath in. I held on to the rope tightly then I ran out towards the water then let go as I was over the water.

"Weee", I yelled going in to the water. When I splashed in to the water I felt some one picked me up out of the water. It was Mark. I picked me up and held me above his head.

"hey, Bob go long", Mark said.

"Mark do I look like a foot ball?", I said giggling.

"Well, duh, yea", Mark said sounding smart . He pulled me back.

"Ready Bob', Mark asked.

"Yup, throw it", Bob said holding his arms out. Mark then threw me across the lake and making a splash in front of Bob. Bob pulled me out of the water and put me on my feet.

"How did it feel to be a football?", Bob asked.

"Not fun at all", I said.  I began to laugh then I saw something. It was slouching and walking threw the woods.

"Zombie!", I yelled. I pointed and every ones attention was now on the zombie. Then there was splashing and running out of the water and throwing back on clothing. I came out of the water and put back on my flannel and followed the parade of scared people out of the woods to the RV. WE all got on to the RV. Everyone was breathing deeply and heavily, Marks eyes were wide with fear.

"See what I mean? There could have been a virus in the water maybe the infection that has turned Mike in to one of them", Ava said.

"We shall not talk about Mark Ava", Kate said glaring over at Ava.

"Sorry", Ava said throwing her hands in to the air. 

"We probably need to leave and get to Atlanta, we will be there in about a hour from here", Wade said sitting in the drivers seat and turning on the RV. I sat down in the seat next to Aaron and Annalee. I hope we make it.