Chapter 14

Xavier's POV:

One month eariler

It's been a month since I've seen that angelic face of Amanda. I remember walking through the corridor to my cousins office, everyone literally afraid to approach me. As I walked closer and closer I saw a familiar figure bent and retrieving something.
I wonder how she could be here and thought of it as my imagination until she looked at me and gasped.

"Xavier....?"

I stood frozen to my spot and wonder how come she's here.

"Amanda? How come you're here?" I asked her while approaching towards her desk.

She checked me out from head to toe and looked by at me connecting her eyes with mine. "Caught" was the only word running through my head. She blushed.

"Umm I work here as Mr. Giovani PA. How come you're here, if you don't mind me asking." She replied.

"Nonsense I don't mind. I'm actually here to meet my cousin aka your boss Giovani." I comment back to her.

She looked shocked by the information. "Would you like me to let Giovani know that you're here?" She asked me while picking up the attached phone.

"Oh no it's alright, I'm just going to go right in, if you don't mind?" I asked her arching my eyebrow up. She hurriedly nodded and motioned me to go ahead.

"Um before I go in, would you by chance like to go on a date with me?" I asked her feeling nervous all of a sudden.

She looked shocked but quickly covered it up. "Umm... Sure. Just let me know when and what time." She replies.

I nod at her and then leave for my cousin office. I'm damn sure he must've seen me talking to Amanda, but I honestly don't care. I've never felt like this before with any other women then Amanda. She just brings that spark back, hope and possessiveness. I'm so obsessed with her already, thinking about her twenty four seven. She's become a part of me now and I would make sure that she belongs to me. I have never been good at sharing what's mine.

I opened the door to Giovani's office without knocking and make my presence known to him.

"Do you ever knock before you enter?" He asks me irritatedly.

I smirk at him, "A king does not need to knock before he enters" I say arrogantly.

"Yeah, yeah, the great king Xavier, how may I be of your service today?" He says with mischief in his eyes and a crooked smile.

"My oh my, can I not meet my cousin without having to negotiate something." I say back smirking at him.

"Like you ever do come here without any business. Let's get to the business shall we, and I'll have my PA bring some snacks for us in a mean while." He says smirking at me letting me know that he had seeing the exchange between Amanda and Me.

"Please do my lord" I say sarcastically while rolling my eyes at him. Childish? I know, but I can always be myself around him. He's always been there for me when I couldn't confide in others. He might be my cousin but I love him like a real brother.

Me and Giovani got busy discussing the matter at the company first, how it's doing and what not. He is handling the company but the company belongs to me (meaning I'm the CEO). I heard Amanda come and put the snacks on the table quietly and leave since we were both busy.

"Umphh lets talk about the other matter now shall we" I ask my cousin waiting for him to respond.

"Alright, I'm just going to Inform Amanda to not disturb us for an hour." I nod at him. "Amanda, would you please cancel any meetings that I have in an hour and call the companies to reschedule, also would you please make sure no one disturbs us for an hour. I'll let you know when we're done" he says "alright boss" replies Amanda. Just hearing her voice brings me chills.

After few minutes I began to talk to my cousin about the situation in mafia. "Guess who is back for revenge and is uprising against us" I ask my cousin.

He looks confused and says nothing. "Who?" I look at him and reply "Rafael is back and he wants to destroy us. I guess for kicking him out of the family business and the family itself. He's non other then the boss of the black group. I had one of our man betraying me and giving information to Rafael, though I took care of the man and also managed to destroy one of his hideouts. He's growing stronger and stronger by days and I have nothing but to prepare ourselves and wait for him." I say to him Giovani looks shocked at me, shaking his head.

"I can't believe he would go this far. Papa just kicked him out because of his faults, he shouldn't have tried to kill you and take over the empire, no one does that. I can't believe my younger brother is that stupid to think he could fight against you." He says disappointingly.

"I know, I am yet to believe that my own cousin who I was so close to would try to do something so vile against his own cousin, but I guess now a days you can't even trust your own family or in this case Rafael." I say.

"I have no choice but to strike back. I just wanted you to know and to see if you still have my back if something happens." I ask his cautiously.

He nods at me and looks saddened. "I will always have your back cousin, don't you ever think I would betray you." Giovani says.

"Well I must be going now, got lots of pending work that needs to be finished." I finish and get up shaking his hand.

I was about to get into my car when my phone rang. "Xavier speaking"

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN THE FACTORY GOT CAUGHT ON FIRE!!! WHAT THE FUCK WAS EVERYONE DOING? WHERE WAS THE FUCKING SECURITY." I yelled at my right hand man Greyden. I hurriedly sat in the car and drive towards the airport.

"I don't know what happened, it's as if someone purposely tried to get the factory on fire. It's a mess here Xavier, I'm trying my best to control the situation but we need you right away. You have to hurry." Greyden says frantically. I could hear shouting at the back and someone asking for help.

"I'm coming... Handle the situation. I just got to the airport, I'll be there in an hour or two. Make sure the workers are safe and no one is in danger, I'll fix everything once I get there." I say back in anger knowing exactly who did this.

"RAFAEL LUCIAN I AM GOING TO KILL YOU" I yell!

I hope you guys liked this chapter. Since I didn't write from Xavier's point of view in the previous chapter, I thought about dedicating this whole chapter to Xavier.

Don't forget to comment and vote.