Prologue-ish. File: Halo

Director Fury paced as he thought about today. He was about to make a huge decision that could either bond the Avengers or break them beyond repair.

"Hill." He barked.

"Sir."

"Bring in Halo."

"Yes, sir." She exited the room in the hellicarrier and walked to a single black door. No one ever went in. They didn't want to. Halo was feared as a demon and sometimes seen as a god for the way he looked. (The god part she could understand).

She lightly knocked twice and waited patiently. She learned early on that Halo tends to stay silent, not making a sound even while walking. She knew he'd answer the door if he wanted to.

Slowly, there was a click and the door opened. Green eyes peered at her from the dark room.

"Director Fury wants to see you."

The eyes blinked before disappearing and the door closed in a silent click.

Hill shivered slightly. It was a little creepy whenever he did that. She turned around and returned to the Director and waited for Halo.

There was a slight breeze signaling that the door was opened and a figure glided in. The figure nodded to the two.

"Thank you for coming, Halo." Fury nodded. 'If only someone could take after you.' (In the Avengers tower a certain engineer sneezed).

Halo gave a small bow signaling that it was a pleasure since he did not wish to use words.

"Now, I have a mission for you..."