Meeting My Husband (edited)

Around 7, I'm tiredly awakening. School starts at 7:30, leaving me with only a half an hour to get ready.

Not bothering to look at my phone or at the mirror, I head straight for the shower. The perfect, fiery temperature touches my skin, soothing the slight pain in my shoulders. The soothing water drips down my face. This is the only place I feel safe at in my home. It's where all my problems are put at ease. Sleeping too. That's why I spend most of my time doing both of those.

Rubbing the vanilla shampoo into my hair, I turn the water up a bit. Usually I spend 30 to 40 minutes in the shower but today's a, "special," day so I can't. To be completely honest, I'm not happy about this day. I don't want to find out who I'm being forced to have a child with. Hopefully he isn't a bad guy.

People are stupid, why am I being forced to birth one? I don't even like myself.

Opening my closet, I grab a pair of burgundy jeans, a white top, cream colored cardigan, a black scarf, and some cream colored toms.

Let's just get this over and done with.

"Wow Sarahi, you finally picked out a cute outfit for once in your life," I mutter to myself whilst slipping on the jeans. Normally my outfit consists of a black north-face, blue jeans, and black nikes.

I brush my hair quickly and throw it into a messy ponytail. I don't think I can handle it today. Hair is annoying. Along with boobs. And life.

My mother's sitting at the kitchen counter, 2 pills and vodka in front of her. I sigh quietly, trying to rid my mind of the image. Her head darts up, a smile consisting of rotten brown teeth presenting itself. I grimace in disgust and quickly walk over to the fridge.

1...2...3...

"Have a good day at school Sarahi. Don't forget Money Is Key To A Successful Marriage," she states, waving her finger up and down sloppily. I inwardly groan at my drunk of a mother. She hasn't been the same in almost 8 years. Ever since my so called, "father," left us.

"Okay mom," I murmur, biting into my apple. She lazily smiles and stumbles out of the kitchen. She's being surprisingly nice this morning. Probably because she wants me to give her money if I have a rich "husband."

Finishing my apple, I leave the quiet, abandoned house I used to call home.

It still is my home, just not in the way I want.

//

"Finally!! It's the day we get to find out our baby's dads!!  You happy?" My friend, Aliayah, is already bombarding me with questions. Her wiggling brown eyebrows fill my vision.

I shrug, not really caring. "At least you get to be with the person your in love with." She squeals in excitement and grins.

"I know. Still it's your day to find out. Now, lets go. It's starting in 5 minutes!!"

I sigh in annoyance as she drags me to the auditorium full of stupid, cliche people, I want to rid myself of.

Maybe I could be like Tate Langdon. That'd be pretty fucking awesome.

I take a seat in the back and wait tiredly until my name is called. A very long wait, considering my last name is almost at the end of the alphabet. Sigh.

My name finally rolls around after a half hour or so. How can this woman speak so much and her mouth not hurt? She must be very good at her extra curriculum's...As she says who I'm partnering with, my face goes pale.

"Sarahi Santos, your with, Dmitry Lopez," the teacher announces, then going to the next name while I glare at her.

No. Not Dmitry. This can't be happening.

The guy is only 18 and I swear he could be in the Guinness World Record for the amount of girls he's dated. Actually, not even dated-slept with. He thinks girls are a useless fuck and go. I haven't spoke to him once in my entire life nor do I plan to.

If he thinks he's getting a baby from me anytime soon he needs to be checked into a mental institution!

My eyes drift around the auditorium, only to spot him with a cheerleader on his arm. Barbie is what I'm going to call her. She has the fake blonde hair and blue eyes to fit the name. He isn't even paying attention to what was just said. His only focus is on his prey for the night.

His eyes meet mine rather quickly. I look away in annoyance. He's a disgusting, stupid human being.

After the assembly, school is over. I'm rushing to get out so I don't have to see him. Speaking to him is definitely not on my bucket list. Getting away though, that's number 1.

"Come on Aly, let's go. Like now," I say, trying to pull her away from the lockers. "But I need to wait for Danny! And besides, you need to see your husband who's coming over here right now," she exclaims, grinning at me. I groan. "Well I'm leaving. Bye Aly!"

His husky voice is heard from behind me. It's low and sounds rather dangerous. "Where do you think you're going Sarahi Santos?"

Turning, I glare at him as scary as possible. He chuckles at my attempt and puts his hand on my cheek. "How cute."

"I am so not in the mood for this right now Dmitri," I state, trying to back away. He just grins, staring me up and down. Ew. No one wants that stare right now.

"Well I'm touched. Maybe I just want to meet my wife and mother of my child," he teases, with a small smirk. Ugh!

"Yeah, no. You're going to wait until we have a good relationship, which I'm sure won't happen. Besides, it's not like your going to be there for the baby and I," I spit, anger laced in my voice. My finger pushes against his chest to show him I'm not playing around.

Anger sets in his blue eyes, the teasing emotion dispersing. "Is that what you think of me? Well guess what? You're wrong. You're moving in with me tomorrow. Book rules." His deep voice is full of anger and disbelief. What am I supposed to believe? That he won't dump us the moment this all ends?

I scoff, saying, "Too bad you still have to wait. Why don't you go sleep with someone else's wife," before walking away and leaving him like dust in the wind.

God, he's so...Ugh! Aggravating! I don't understand how they deal with him in school. How does he even pass?

This sucks.

I don't really want to move in with him...But honestly, I wouldn't mind leaving my house. It brings back horrid memories that torture me. That house is the definition of destruction.

I hate it.

Shaking my head, I rid the dark thoughts. Don't think about that Sarahi. It's not going to happen again. It's all over. He can't walk out out on me again.

As soon as I reach home, I go for my room. My mother is god knows where right now. She's probably passed out I'm the backyard.

My eyes rest on everything in my closet. What the hell do I bring?