Chapter 20: The News

Oh my God...

I quickly hopped off Rafael's lap and arranged my clothes then stood straight to face a very angry Mr. Knight who is stading near the door in a dark office suit.

Wow, he is really handsome for a man who is ready old.

Wait, this is not a good time to say that kinds of things.

Blood quickly rush to my cheeks as I look down in embarrassment remembering our position when he caught us. This is such a shame! At all times, why did he had to kiss me?

"Dad...what brings you here all of a sudden?" Rafael broke the awkward tension and stayed calm talking to his father.

His dad cleared his throat "Nothing really. I was just around the corner and I think about visiting you and the hotel. I see that you really don't want to let me down. You really want the company"

I turn to Rafael and I think that they need some private talk do I was about to turn around but he stopped me. "I have something that I want to make it clear with you, Dad..." he started and placing both of his hands on the desk "I don't like the paparazzi you had sent in our honeymoon. They were distracting my wife while we celebrate our alone time."

The color in his Dad's face faded quickly but Rafael opened his mouth once again "If you are thinking that my wife and I are just pretending then you should really give up because even if you squeeze us with paparazzi, you won't get any thing from us. I married Belle not because of the company. I married her because I know she is the woman that is really right for me" he declared without stuttering and spoke with a very serious tone.

What is he saying?

This is really just a lie but how can he make those lies look so true?

Why did it affect me?

His dad was speechless. How shame it looks to know that you got busted by your own son. Cristoffer is dumber than I thought.

Chris sigh before opening his mouth to speak again, his tone and face is calm "That is just a test, Rafael. I just want to make sure that I am giving my company to the right person"

I quickly got alerted when he said that and so did Rafael. "You mean~"

"Yes, Rafael. I am finally passing you the company you always wanted. You won." He told us, placing some papers on the desk. "Your brother's restaurant is horrible. He didn't prove anything yet to me. He is all just words and no acts."

Rafael seems shock hearing this. It is written all over his face even though he keep that serious look, I can sense him dancing in joy. But...what now?

"Come to the meeting tomorrow morning. We will discuss everything there and the workers there, Rafael. I am trusting you this, son. So don't you ever let me down. This company has been passed by your grandfather and there is no way I will give this to a lazy and whiny child. We are the only one who can inherit this then this is gonna be passed to your future son. I hope you don't break my trust, Rafael. We are counting on you"

Rafael examined the papers then placed it down. "I won't let you down, Sir." He only said "I will be at the meeting tomorrow at exactly 7 in the morning. Tell that to the others"

Now he is acting like a real boss....

That is so hot.

"Good then. I will see you tomorrow" Chris said before turning around to leave the room.

Phew, thank God he finally left! I nearly suffocate knowing the fact that his Dad is in front of me that is serious as fuck. I didn't even see a single or small smile coming out at the both of them.