Chapter 20

I slipped on a pair of blue jeans (the only pair that isn't black in colour) and the 'Black Veil Brides' shirt. I didn't know why but I didn't want to put on my usual black jacket so I pulled on my gray one.

I gave myself a once over in the mirror, let my long brown hair loose and slung my backpack over my shoulder. At that precise moment Mia opened the bathroom door and stepped out. She had on a yellow sunny dress with pink flowers scattered all over. Her little pink headband was holding back her loose curls.

All in all, she looked amazingly cute compared to her gothic-looking sister. I smiled down at her and offered her my hand. She took her little backpack before clutching my hand in hers tightly. We headed downstairs together and met Blake holding hands with Tony. Blake flashed me a huge smile and my knees went weak.

"Guess what?" Tony practically screamed.

"What?" Mia grinned hopefully.

"I'm getting enrolled in your school-" Tony started but Mia had already ripped her hand away from mine and flung herself in Tony's arms. I suppressed a sound of surprise. Blake and I exchanged knowing glances before turning back to look at the two kids squeezing the life out of each other.

Mia was screaming in happiness and Tony was laughing. I swear I could distinguish flowers and hearts all around them. Slightly shudderimg at the sight, I turned to Blake questioningly.

"Was that your idea?"

"Y-yeah," His cheeks turned the lightest shade of pink as he shuffled on one foot to another. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

"Thanks," I smiled softly. At least now I would be assured of Mia's safety. Tony would be sure to take care of her although he was a whole year above.

We were about to head outside when the house phone suddenly rang. Since I was closer to it that anyone, I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked but there was no answer. I frowned confusedly and repeated, "Hello?"

I could hear the slight breathing on the other side of the line so it was definitely not a prank call. Blake mouthed 'Who is it?' And I just shrugged in reply. The only sound that could be heard was the even breathing of the person.
I felt a surge of annoyance wash over me before I snapped, "Excuse me but if this is a prank call then it's not even funny, you're making me lose my time-"

"-You've really gotten feisty, Hayhay," a deep voice resounded. My eyes widened in disbelief at the sound of him. He just couldn't give up on ruining my life, could he?

"What the fucking hell, Nicholas!" I snarled. How in the world did he get Blake's home number?! Had he been stalking me? Did that mean that he knew where Mia and I were? That very thought ran cold shivers down my spine.

"Aw, are you pleased to hear from me, Hayhay?" He let out a dark chuckle.

"I would be more pleased if you suddenly fell into a coma," I snapped.

"Tut-tut that's a mean thing to say to your boyfriend," he snickered. My mouth fell open in disbelief and horror. I tried to talk but no sound fell out.

"Cat got your tongue, Hayhay?"

"Shut up! Stop calling me that name and plus, I left you three years ago,"

"Not for long though," he said.

I let out a bitter laugh, "In your dreams, Higgins. I'll never come back to you." And with that, I hung up. I was so busy gnawing at my lip and trying to break the phone that I didn't notice that Blake was standing in front of me.

"Who was that?" He frowned. I sighed and placed the phone back down.

"It was just a nightmare," I shrugged.

"That was a guy and he was talking about making you come back to him," he growled.

"How did you know?" I exclaimed.

"Super-hearing," he sighed and my mouth formed an 'o' shape. I had forgotten that he was a werewolf.

"You still have things to explain," I pointed out and he winced before nodding.

"Wait, you still have to tell me who that was!" Blake tugged on my arm.

"That'll only happen when you'll tell me about your condition," I smirked before taking Mia's hand and heading out to my bike. I could hear him huffing in frustration behind me. I took off on my bike with Blake's car right behind me. When we arrived to the primary school, Tony slipped out of the car and I removed Mia's helmet.

"Pig?" She suddenly asked.

"What is it?" I smiled and her face creased up in worry.

"That phone call...it w-wasn't the b-bully, right?" She muttered. I bit my lip and nodded.

"He's not coming after us again, is he? Is he going t-to hurt-"

"He's not," I declared. I gripped her shoulders tightly and pulled her into a hug, "He's not going to touch you as long as I'm here, okay? You have nothing to worry about."

She released a sigh of relief and pressed herself against me. "Thank God."

The fact that she was so relieved made me scared. What if I deceived her and he succeeded in getting to us? The very thought made me want to break something. That would never happen. I tightened my grip on her further before kissing her goodbye. She ran towards Tony with a huge smile before they both disappeared at the door.

My eyebrows creased up and I had a sudden urge to smash Nicholas's ugly face for scaring Mia. If he so much as tried to take her away from me...

"I don't like the killer look on your face," Blake piped up and I barely jumped at his close presence.

"That's good news," I smiled wickedly.

I would make sure to get to him before he could get to us.