Chapter Three

I jump the fence to the Hasting's, grateful that I know exactly which part has easier access

I jump the fence to the Hasting's, grateful that I know exactly which part has easier access. It's getting late, and I don't have much time. This place is scary after dark due to its isolation and proximity to the woods.

I take my clothes off in a rush and dive into the water. I do a few laps enjoying myself. The sun is almost setting, casting a golen hue. I get out and jump into the open shower.

Ah! Hot water.

I rinse my hair while singing Daughtry's Ghost of me at the top of my lungs. I sway my hips and shake my head to the music letting the scalding water run down my body.

"I must say, the ghost of you is pretty entertaining."

I whip my head around so fast I'm grateful it doesn't snap. My eyes almost pop out of their sockets at the sight that greets me. I blink twice to make sure I'm not hallucinating.

"Oh, dear God!"

A smile threatens Liam's lips, one side of his mouth turning up.

"Oh my God! Stop looking!" I shriek.

My hands fly up to cover my boobs. Wearing a bikini that looked more like lingerie than swimwear wasn't very smart. But I had no idea I would have company.

His grin widens, and I watch as his eyes shamelessly roam my body. I grab my t-shirt and throw it on, my cheeks burning with embarrassment.

"What are you doing here? You didn't follow me, did you?" I ask, panic swelling in my chest.

He arches a brow, amused. His dark messy hair falls into his eyes, and he shoves it back unceremoniously.

"No, I did not. You can relax. I'm not interested in you like that." He says, eyes glinting.

Why did that sound like an insult?

"What are you doing here then?" I ask again, scowling as I slip my jeans on.

"I live here. What are you doing here?"

Wait, what?

"Live here? The Hastings live here." I say and mentally kick myself. I know they moved.

"They moved out—"

"Two weeks ago, I know." I interrupt. "But when did you move in?"

"Over the weekend, if you must know." He says, hazel eyes darkening.

Oh!

I haven't been here since Thursday. As realization hits me, I can't hide my embarrassment.

"I'm sorry— I— I didn't know anyone moved in."

"You're quite the trouble maker, aren't you?" He asks, eyes still scrutinizing me.

"Not by your standards," I say, my eyes traveling to his tattooed arms.