Chapter Eleven

Dipper's eyes opened and he was back in Mabel's car... He looked around in confusion. Why was he awake? Did he look at a memory that made Bill upset?

"I... I guess one of us woke up naturally," Bill awkwardly chuckled. "Sorry if that scared you, Pine Tree. I didn't think that would happen."

"Oh, no, dude. It's fine," Dipper quickly told him. "We should probably get home... I think we were asleep for a long time."

Dipper had said that because he had noticed that the sun was setting.

The brunette put on his seat-belt and started the car. He pulled out of the parking lot and started to drive back to the Mystery Shack.

For once, Dipper was actually the first to break the silence.

"Um... I had a good time today," he murmured, catching Bill's attention. "You made me feel a lot better, so, uh... Thanks."

Bill stared at him, smiled, and exclaimed, "No problem, Pine Tree! Glad I could cheer you up, kid!"

Dipper smiled back at him.

It was pretty nice to see Bill being so happy over something that was actually good for once... Instead of Dipper accidentally dropping something on his foot or anything like that. It made Dipper actually kind of like Bill... At least for this one time.

Dipper was still trying to find something that he didn't like about Bill, but he gave up and just decided to find him likable at the moment.

As Dipper pulled up to the Mystery Shack, he saw Mabel, Stan, and Ford outside. He found that strange. What were they all doing outside? Most of the time Ford was in the basement...

Dipper saw Bill looked slightly uneasy as he parked the car. He just brushed it off and stepped out of the car. Bill reluctantly exited the car as well.

"Hey, guys," Dipper greeted to the others, waving.

Mabel rushed up to him, shouting, "Dipper, where have you been?!"

Both Bill and Dipper flinched as Mabel spoke.

"I sent Bill to come find you and then you both disappeared!" Mabel continued. "And you took my car, too!"

Dipper was just about to speak, but was distracted when he saw Stan aggressively grabbing Bill by the collar of his shirt.

"What did you do to him?!" Stan snapped.

Bill growled back, "What? Me? I didn't do anything to him!"

"Oh, please. We all know you're always up to something," Ford snorted walking up behind Stan.

Dipper rushed over to them and shoved Bill and Stan apart.

"He didn't do anything wrong, okay?!" Dipper quickly exclaimed. "I... I just got upset this morning and needed a break. Bill cheered me up, alright? We just hung out and he didn't do anything to me. I'm sorry I took off with Mabel's car and didn't tell anyone... But I just really needed some time to get better."

Ford raised an eyebrow at him, "He really didn't do anything?"

Dipper nodded.

"See, Sixer? I'm not all that bad," Bill snickered with a shrug.

There goes his likableness, Dipper's thoughts sighed.

Ford sighed, turned around, and headed back inside.

"Wait, a second!" Mabel exclaimed, running over to her brother.

She halted, uncomfortable close to him even for being his twin, and investigated him.