Chapter 10

Anthony wasnt back at the dorm when I went back . I wasn't terribly worried, but I couldnt ponder on it much because it was already time for me to go with Britt and Courtney . Brittany looked drained almost like Jessica did when I saw her earlier but her attitude was still lively and excited. Which instantly made me nervous. Brittany had on black jeans with a red chiffion shirt, with her Vans to match. She had on more makeup than usual and her shirt revealed her tatted arms. Her hair was down and her nails were still black. Typical Brittany outfit. Courtney had on a BU sweatshirt with regular skinny jeans. Her hair was up again and she was sniffling still. I sat in unbearable anticipation and the car ride was long which made it ten times worse. Brittany's eyes were low and her grip on the steering wheel was weak. "Everything alright Brit?" I asked cautiously. She nodded slowly before glancing to Courtney who was twiddling her thumbs. "I'm nervous." She whispers, putting her hair down. "It's not as bad as you think." Brit assures her as we turn into the bar parking lot. "It''s like being tickled...with a needle." Brittany says cheerful, bouncing out the front seat. Well jeez that was reasuring. We all walk side by side into the bar, and I glance around slowly. My heart was beating so loud I'm surprised no one noticed. My eyes met with the strange man I saw the day before, he was looking at his empty drink, his jacket was zipped all the way up and he was mouthing something. Drug addict! My mind screamed. Brittany grabbed Courtneys hand bringing her by the bartender. "Hey good looking." She sai, flashing her Hollywood smile. "You again? What is it that you want?" The large bald man mumbled, cleaning the inside of a glass with a cloth. "My friend here wants to get a tattoo like mine. Can you show me where to go?" She asks, smiling flirtatiously. "What tattoo would that be ma'am?" He asks, his head moving slow. I suddenly felt a shift in the air, it became thick and uneasy. I felt tension...violent tension approaching. "One just like this." She chimes back, revealing her foreign imprintment. The mans eyes widen and he shakes his head quickly, "I'm sorry ma'am but she cant get that." He adds forcefully, slamming the glass down which causes me to jump. "I got one, why cant she?" Oh lord why was Brittany testing the man? "You dont want her in the same amount of trouble you're already in." He spats back, his voice filled with venom. Oh shit. Already in? My heart began to race and I glanced around the room, curious to see who was witnessing. "It wasnt my fault! I dont remember anything!" Brittany exclaimed, stepping back. "Um, Brittany, what's going on?" Courtney asked, grabbing on to her arm, trying to motion her away. I nervously looked back to the strange guy with the tattoos, who was standing on his feet. "It's too late for that...you had your chance." The bartender whispered, reaching into his pocket. "What in the hell are you guys talking about?" I suddenly yell, and after my short exclaim, tables were flipped over. Many intimidating men emerged from the back door where I got my tattoo yesterday, and the bartender had retrieved a gun from his pocket. I gripped my hand around Courtneys, tossing her on to the ground and then grabbed Brittanys shoulders and pushed her into a corner. Gunshots were aimed towards us, and Courtney sobbed silently, her arms covering her face. "Go to the door." I told her, and looked back at Brittany who already had that idea. The bartender and the strange guy attacked her, grabbing her ankles and wrists and she screamed and tried to squirm out of their grip. "Get away from her!" I heard myself shriek. Everything was happening so fast, I barely noticed they had dropped Brittany and were walking towards me. "That's Jeremys one isnt it?" Someone muttered from behind me. Jeremys what? Hell no. "No that's her sister. Thats pretty boys girl." I suddenly reconized the last voice; the guy from the shootout. "Couldn't be Tank. Why would she have that tattoo?" The bartender questioned, they all formed a circle around me, shielding me away from the sobbing Courtney and the scared-shitless Brittany. "Didnt he tell you?" One of them asked me, cocking his head to the side. "Tell me what?" I managed to mumble. "No, why would he? He obviously knew what he was doing." Someone else added, dismissing my question. "Someone tell me what's going on damnit!" I gritted through my teeth, tears piercing my eyes, but I forced them to stay put. I would should no fear. "Your little pretty boy required you to get an interesting tattoo." the bartender chimed. "Did he ever tell you about Vince?" The guy from the shootout named Tank asked, he was large and had dark skin, and dark eyes to match. "Jeremys stepbrother?" I asked, trying to by time. "He didnt tell you that he killed him?" Tank then asked. "No, he was just responsible for the death." I said, crossing my arms, but at this point I didnt even know if I was right. "Responsible? That doesnt even cover it." Someone chirped, making the group chuckle silently. "Sad to see, he made such a pretty girl like yourself suffer the same fate." The bartender said, smiling sadly. Wait...what? "Vince wasnt a bad guy. Just stupid as all. Your little pretty boy owes us a lot of money. Vince wanted in the gang."