Chapter 8: Frienemies

"Excuse me, my lady, do you know where Prince Natsu is?" The man asked. He looked pretty irritated.

"Prince Natsu...? You know him?" I asked.

"Well, duh. Everyone knows him, he's a prince. Plus I'm a prince myself, and he's pretty much my enemy," He replied, growling a bit, looking at me like I was dumb.
Is he mad at me for asking...?

I sighed and got up from the bench.
"Sure, I'll show you the way..." I mumbled.

While we were slowly walking to the palace, I could see from the corner of my eye that he looked at me and smiled.

"What's your name?" He asked. I turned my head and looked back at him. Wow... What a quick change of moods.....

"Im uh... Lucy..." I mumbled.

"Lucy? That's it? No last name?" He asked, one of his eyebrows slightly slanted.

Ah. Last name....!!! I can't tell him I'm a princess of the seas, a mermaid!!! Make something up, Lucy!!!

"Uh... Um..." I panicked, "Lucy... Heartfillia...?"

Ah! I ended it as a question!!!

"You're not sure of your last name?" He asked again, and started chuckling. "You have a weird sense of humour. Well, glad to meet you, Lucy heartfillia. I'm Prince Gray Fullbuster."

I stopped in my steps and bowed, "N-nice to meet you too..."

He stopped too as he put his hands in the pockets of his jacket,

"Polite, aren't ya? Sorry if I kinda growled at you before. I'm just mad at that dumb flamebrain..."
Wow, he's actually a nice person...

"Flame brain...?" I asked, as we continued to walk.

"Oh, I mean Natsu. He's such an idiot.... trying to prank me and stuff....."

"Oh. I see..."

When we went into the castle and I showed him where Natsu was at the living room(like I thought he would be in), Gray ran and punched Natsu in the face.

"What'd you do that for, Popsicle?!!!!" Natsu shouted as he got up from the blue couch he was sitting on.

"What'd you think, Birdbrain?!!!!" Gray shouted back and punched him again. Then, they started to fight physically.

I just stood there amazed at their relationship. Do they hate each other that much..?

Wendy walked in and stopped in her steps once she noticed what they where doing. She panicked then ran off again. Then King Igneel walked in with a cup of coffee, saw what they were doing, and walked off in the same direction. After a few minutes, while Natsu and Gray were still fighting, I heard big thumps coming from the nearby stairs. It was Queen Grandine, she came in huffing and puffing. Then she stumped her way to Natsu and Gray and knocked there two heads together. In the middle of there violent fight...

"DIDN'T I TELL YOU GUYS TO STOP FIGHTING?!!" She screamed. Then there was a huge silence.

"But mom, Gray came bursting in and started to fight-" Natsu started to talk, but then Queen Grandine inturrupted,

"I DON'T CARE WHO STARTED IT, JUST STOP THE RUCKUS!"

They shivered(so did I), and went and sat on the couch. Wendy came in from the corner of the wall and stood beside me. Queen Grandine made a big sigh and then looked at me.

"Sorry Lucy.... That you had to see this..." She apologized.

"No, It's ok..." I mumbled, shaking my head. Queen Grandine then smiled at me for quiet some time.
... What's she thinking about?