Chapter Six

If you can't read this book or a chapters missing remove it from your library, follow me then add it back.
Thank you for all the support
Enjoy <3 (not edited)

----

I let out a groan as I fell back in my chair the incidents from two days ago, were replaying in my head. Note to self, never go on a date or whatever again.

I dried my hands before putting the cloth back on its handle. I had just finished washing the plates after they had eaten. I glanced down at my wrist when the watch buzzed and Henry's name appeared.

I let out a sigh and quickly hurried to where he was in the sitting room. I peeked around the corner and my heart stopped when I saw his face. He didn't look happy at all.

"Sir?" I asked, entering the room and he turned toward me, giving me a tired smile. I blinked once as he nodded to the armchair close by. I slowly made my way over and then sat down.

This couldn't be good...

"Milania, I've bad news," he began slowly and I swallowed the lump in my throat. I knew it.

"Nobody's hurt, are they?" I asked even though I knew that wasn't the thing that he had called me in for but I had to make sure. With a sad look on his face he shook his head no.

"I feel you know why you're here," he said, his voice quiet. I just nodded my head. "Alexander wants to... hire you, and I don't like him being alone in his home all the time which is why I'm thinking of agreeing," he looked ashamed, "a maid would do him good and you're the only one he has in mind."

I nodded my head slowly. "I understand how you feel right now, I don't really know why he wants you as his maid, or what happened in the past but that's none of my business."

"I understand." It was normal for family to worry about each other.

"You understand?" He glanced up at me with a sad look. I nodded my head before looking to the door when someone crept in.

"Is Alexander taking Milan?" Isaac asked sadly and Henry's lips went into a flat line as he remained silent, not answering his son's question.

Why me? Why did he have to pick me of all maids?

Isaac frowned and looked towards me. "If he takes you I'll miss you but, Alexander is really nice at times. He'll take good care of you," he could act so mature at times.

I just nodded my head in response but inside I was screaming. It was because he was a child that Xander was nice to him; it was going to be hell for me. This was almost as bad as being sold back to my other pervish owners.

"It could just be temporary though and feel free to visit here whenever you want." Henry avoided my eyes. He was so sweet, most of my past owners wouldn't feel bad or care for me at all. I couldn't help the sad feeling that engulfed me.

"Temporary?" I asked after a moment.

"Yeah, he might get bored of maids and want freedom again, you never know what he wants at times," he let out a weak laugh and I smiled, a hopeful look crossed my face.

"I understand, sir," I said, pausing before voicing my next question. "Would you like me to start packing now?" I asked my gut turning over as I imagined working for Xander. How exciting. Please note the heavy use of sarcasm.

"If you don't mind. You will be leaving in two days," he said, "but hopefully you'll be back soon." I nodded my head with a smile and he returned it. I stood up from my seat and, before leaving the room, I pat Isaac's head then made my way up to my room.