Suspicion

The bell chimed when I opened the diner door. I can smell the food already, and it didn't help my stomach grumbles. I took my usual seat, the nearest to the door as my eyes scanned for a dear friend of mine. The diner is a bit of too crowded for my liking.

"Lauren! Mi persona favorita!" And there she is. Ally, the owner of the diner, running from her cashier register to greet me with a hug. I had to bend down to hug her, but I don't mind. She's my only closest friend I got. I trusted her with everything.

"I'd love to chit chat a little.." she smiled sadly at me "But it's busy hour Lauren. Anything you want?" She asked in hurried.

"Oh, yeah, its alright. I'll take the usual." I said.

"Alright,the special usual ones coming right up!" She said as she made her way back to the kitchen.

After a while, one of the waitress placed my ordered food down to my table. And of course, with the state I am in, I eat my food furiously.

The diner provide us TV, which I watched for a while, before it changed to a news station.

"The unknown animal attack strikes again! It had been reported that a body has been found gnawed and torn apart from its body, partially been eaten by some unknown wilderness animal of Rakensfield side town forest. From all the professional assumptions, the body has been dead for 4 weeks. The identity of the victim was an 18 years old boy....."

I took in the news pretty seriously. I always had this habit to analyze crime news. I would try to play detective, and figure things out and make up my own assumptions. I did it on novels too. I always interest on something that got me thinking, that made me curios, analyze, and determined to solve it. I don't know why, but it just interest me. Maybe that's why I'm quick to resolve any of my school subject, and also the earning of straight A's.

Without me realizing it, Ally came out of nowhere sitting right next to me.
"God, Ally, you freaking me out!" I palm my chest.

"Sorry, you seemed fascinate by my TV. Don't you have any at home?" She said playfully.

"Haha... funny." I rolled my eyes.

She laugh wholeheartedly until she started to speak. "So what's up with you? You look grump the minute you walked in."

I sigh remembering my last event.

Ally is my trusted friend, I would opened to her in almost everything. She knows me inside out and so as I to her. We've known each other since I was an infant. Yes she's 3 years older, but our Dads were roommates back in their collage days, that's what made our family pretty close.

"Do you remember my crush I've told you about?" I started.

She nods. I've told her before about Camila on phone on the day I met Camila in the school bathroom. You have no idea how thrilled she was.

"Well, I don't know how to say this... do you think its worth it?"

"What do you mean? Of course its worth it, what are you talking about."

"She's out of my league Alls." I let out a groan, as I brushed my hair back. "I like her, I want to take her out, but I'm scared."

"What are scared of? You always know what you want." She said genuinely.

"I know, but... I don't know what she wants..."

"Oh Lauren.. you know you need to get to know her first right, so you'll know what she wants, right?"

"Yeah, I know that. But what if there are others who wants her just as much as I want her? Then I need to make my move immediately. But of course like you said, I need to get to know her first. But for how long? She's in this stereotypical high school jock group, and I'm just an unrecognized softball player. And I'm scared that if I take things slow that it'll be too late, and she'll go out with someone else who's good enough and then, I'm left with broken hearted. Hell, I didn't even know if she's gay." I mumble in frustration.