10

"It pierces me, I'm going crazy, I hate this. Take it all away, I hate you..."

~I Need U-BTS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung woke up with a headache. And his body feeling extremely empty, and weak, and like pins were sticking him all over his skin. Dead? Am I dead? The last thing he remembered was blacking out after Jimin went to go answer the door. He felt rough sheets over him, and a very fluffy pillow under his head. Where am I?

He felt a hand grabbing his, gently rubbing his knuckles with their thumb. Taehyung opened his eyes, his head immediately hurting from the bright light. He moaned closing his eyes tightly.

"Taehyung? How do you feel? Are you okay?"

Taehyung opened one eye, looking at the person who spoke--Jimin's mom. She was wearing a blazer and trousers--she'd probably come straight from work. Why did you come? Aren't I just a job too?

She waited for him to answer for a minute, then she reached toward his head and gently ruffled his hair. "I'm sorry. You should be okay now, they pumped your stomach and scrubbed your blood clean, they said there will be a little residual in your system, but it won't hurt you."

Is that why I feel so empty? So drained? They'd done all that? Taehyung opened the other eye, then nodded, glad that Kyung-mi hadn't murdered him with pills. Maybe I would have deserved it, after what I did to Appa.

He looked around the room, taking in the white and grey bland room that reminded him of the mental hospital. It even smelled like it. He was laying on a hospital bed, all the equipment looking ominous after being in that hellhole. Jimin' mom was sitting in a chair she'd pulled up to his bedside, and the room was silent besides the occasional beeps and the intercom playing over speakers outside the door for the doctors.

"How do you feel?" Jimin's mom asked again, putting her hand to his chin and gently making him look at her. Her deep eyes looked at him filled with worry, full of...something. Taehyung didn't know what, he'd never seen that look in anyone's eyes before. It wasn't quite pity, he couldn't place it.

"Ah...I..." His deep voice coming out a little cracked, his tongue felt like sandpaper and his throat felt strangely like something had scratched it on the inside. "I'm...hungry..."

She laughed. "Of course! I'll see if I can ask Jimin to pick something up for you, he went off to find food himself." Then she send Jimin a text before going back to Taehyung, combing though his hair with her fingers.

Taehyung just stared at her. What is she doing? Why is she...? Taehyung liked it to a certain point, but then, he thought of how much he was just a pet, and the action felt demeaning.

"Kyung-mi..." Taehyung said, meaning to ask where she was, but only getting that far.

The psychiatrist sighed. "She's in the car, she didn't want to come in. Taehyung, I'm so sorry." She shook her head, grumbling to herself.

Taehyung bit his lip. Not wanting to upset her. They could still just send him back, after all the trouble he'd caused already, Taehyung wouldn't blame them. But... "She...Hates me..." He said, avoiding the psychiatrist's gaze.

There was a silence. He knew he shouldn't have said it, Kyung-mi was her daughter, he had just insulted her, implied that he thought Kyung-mi was terrible.

"Oh, Taehyung, she doesn't hate you! She just...She's just..." She rubbed a tuft of Taehyung's hair between her thumb and forefinger. "She wanted to meet you so bad before, I don't know what happened..."