Chapter Seven

A double update for you guys cause of all the great support!
Enjoyyyy! (Not edited)
--

"Now? What, why? We haven't even found a temporary replacement.." Henry argued with Xander as I stood back quietly. Henry's eyes went past him and landed on me.

"I don't care, I'm taking her now. I'll take the things she needs now then get the rest tomorrow" Xander seemed extremely frustrated and angry which was a whole different look for him. He was always level-headed and barely let anything bother him.

" Al-"

"I'm going" Xander seemed sick of the conversation and walked past me after grabbing my hand and dragging me roughly behind me. I tugged lightly at his hand and he looked back at me. "Calm down" I whispered, "It's in the past".

He watched me silently before dropping my hand. He raised his eyes and looked behind me as I rubbed my wrists where he had been holding them tightly.

"I'm getting her first thing tomorrow" Xander's voice seemed to become calm again as he spoke to his uncle. He looked down at me once more before turning away and leaving the house without another word.

What the hell had just gotten into him?

I let out a sigh before hearing Henry calling my name which made me turn back to him. "Sir?"

"What happened up there? That's not the Alexander I know..." He questioned and I bit the inside of my cheek which I usually did when I was nervous or uncomfortable. My eyes dropped from his face to the ground and when I didn't respond I heard him walk over.

He rested his hand on my shoulder and I slowly raised my eyes to look at him. "I understand" He murmured quietly, not wanting to push me any further, "Are you alright for him to take you tomorrow?"

I wanted to say no for a moment but suddenly nodded my head. "Yes" My voice was quieter than I expected.

"Go get some rest or start packing" Was all he said before turning away and walking back to the room. I retreated to my room and weakly closed the door behind me, my eyes automatically landing on the box that had been left on the bed.

The incident that had happened only moments ago replayed in my head, closing my eyes tightly and cussing to myself in my head. I pushed myself away from the door and walked toward the box. I grabbed it angrily and went to push it on the ground in anger but stopped myself quickly.

Instead I just sat down next to the box, dropping my head into my hands and let out a loud groan. How did things go from the best moment in my life to complete and utter misery.

I raised my head, trying to clear my head as I tugged the box off my bed and kicked it under it. My eyes went to the wardrobe where my clothes were then to the suitcase that had been left for me to pack.

Great.

-------

I looked at the mostly empty wardrobe then back to the crammed suitcases. I glanced to the watch on my arm. Ten thirty.

Maggie had come home and they wouldn't let me make supper earlier. They told me to just rest and pack up, they were treating me as if they felt bad for me. I didn't like it.

I walked back to my bed where I had laid out my maid outfit. I was currently in pajama bottoms and a pajama tank top. I picked up the maid outfit and folded it, leaving it on the chair in the corner. I wasn't sure if I was wearing it when Xander was taking me tomorrow if I was going in normal clothes so I decided to keep it out anyway.