11

"There is no Life, feelings and warmth over there, there is only trashy language. There's a wilderness of a self-desolated one."

~MAMA-EXO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the house, Mrs. Park had cooked dinner, and then said she was going upstairs to finish some paperwork, and Kyung-mi had locked herself in her room, and Jimin sat on the floor in the living room, going through the video games. Taehyung sat on the couch with Marshmallow in his lap, petting the dog slowly. He still felt funny, even after eating, so he wasn't doing much.

"Do you...know how to play games, Taehyung?" Jimin asked.

I haven't been in a mental hospital my whole life, I know what things are. "Yes, I know how." Taehyung said, still stroking Marshmallow's back. The dog felt so warm and snuggly on his lap, he was slowly starting to fall asleep.

"Do you want to?" Jimin asked.

Taehyung looked up at the ceiling for a second in thought. "Yeah." He said, then smiled slightly, his voice coming out bubbly by accident. He didn't know why, but he felt comfortable around Jimin, even though every once in a while, Jimin had treated him like he was a child, he hadn't treated him like he was crazy, at least not yet.

It was strange, at first, Taehyung was sure Jimin would hate him.

"Well, come here, pick one out, I can't decide." Jimin said, gesturing for him to come over.

Taehyung lifted Marshmallow off his lap and set the dog on the couch before going over to where Jimin was in front of the entertainment center and sitting on the floor with him. He briefly scanned over the titles Jimin had laid out on the floor, then picked up one. "I want to play this."

Jimin raised an eyebrow. "Pac-man? There's probably the most kick-ass graphic games here, and you want to play Pac-man?"

Taehyung looked down at the case, then back up at Jimin and nodded. "Yeah."

Somewhere upstairs, glass shattered. He and Jimin both jumped. Then there was yelling, none of it was quite understandable, it sounded like it was coming from behind a door, but Taehyung knew who it was--Kyung-mi.

Taehyung stared at the stairs, just listening as more glass shattered, and there was a loud noise that seemed to shake the house. After that, the yelling became more clear, and Kyung-mi came running down the stairs holding at least three picture frames in her hands.

"Well, none of this seems to mean a goddamn thing to you, so what does it matter?!" Kyung-mi said, throwing a picture frame against the wall, shattering the glass pane and cracking the wood frame.

Mrs. Park calmly came down the stairs. "Park Kyung-mi, if you don't stop this--." She was interrupted by Kyung-mi throwing a picture frame her way. "Kyung-mi!" She yelled, losing her calm demeanor and running down the stairs.

Kyung-mi went around to the living room, right up to Taehyung. He was too surprised to move like he wanted to. "You're lying! You're lying! Why else would you bring him in the house?!" She threw the last picture frame, the glass shattering and the porcelain frame breaking to pieces like an exclamation point on what she'd just said.

Taehyung looked down at the picture that had fallen out. It was a picture of Kyung-mi, and Jimin, and their mom at an amusement park, Kyung-mi wearing bunny ears and Jimin wearing a pair of oversized sunglasses, their mom with a red clown's nose. They were all smiling and making silly faces.

Taehyung reached to pick up the picture. It was a nice family picture, why had Kyung-mi thrown it? Taehyung wished for a family like that everyday.