Chapter Nine

"The Dilemma"

" And every time I close my eyes, I see a shadow formed by the light. I wonder is it you or my imagination in disguise?"

All my way back from Dean's, I kept pondering upon one question,

Is she the one?

Though the ride from Dean's place to mine, is of merely fifteen minutes but today it seems like an eternity.

Oh what this girl is doing to me!

I let out a frustrated groan.

Is she the one?

I think to myself, again while driving.

Yes, there is no denying to the fact that the girl certainly have irresistible charm, which one can't simply ignore. I can't neglect.

I mean, I so...have something inexplicable going on within the confines of my heart that every time I see her, I feel something which I had never felt before. Its something that is differently indifferent, that it couldn't be pointed out easily. It makes thousands of wing-flattering butterflies erupt in my stomach.

I sighed heavily as I reached my destination.

I parked my car in the garage and moved to my private elevator.

I moved out of the elevator in the corridor towards my door, it is the only door in the whole corridor. Technically speaking, I own this building and in particular, this floor is the one exclusively reserved for me and has been converted as my penthouse.

As I punched my code in the lock, the door opened, illuminating the living room automatically.

Well it is not lavish as it is usually described by people, rather it is small and cozy. Adjacent to the door, was the kitchen counter, and at the end of the counter was placed a double door refrigerator.

I moved towards the refrigerator to grab a water bottle to quench my thirst. I put all my stuff on the top of the refrigerator and took a sip of it as I took in my house.
Yes house, not home which I had longed always, a place filled with laughter and memories from the people you love, a place which holds those unforgettable moments of life that you always want to cherish. A place which give your heart a warmth of love and affection not a shudder that gave your heart distress.

To the left of the main door is a living room and to the opposite of it, is a lounge. I am not the one to put up photos because it reminds you how your life changes, and in my case it reminds me of all the drastic changes my life has been through, and honestly I am not such a big fan of them.

As I looked at my terrace, which was attached to the lounge but separated by a huge glass door, I saw a tall figure amidst the shadow, it was so familiar that I instantly recognized who it is and made my way to the terrace and saw him, he was there standing at the edge admiring the marvellous view of Manhattan which was offered by my terrace, all the glimmering lights and voice of life, and the view of glittering skyline.

I then, averted my gaze towards my brother, who was completely oblivious to my presence.

"Zane...What are you doing here?" I asked softly as I dropped myself in one of the plush chairs.

Upon hearing my voice, he turned towards me.

"Nothing...Uh, I went home and found it empty, so I thought I should spend my weekend with you." He said as he moved back to come sit across from me. His voice was sad although he tried to hide whatever he was currently feeling and gave me a small smile.