Chapter-20

Hope's POV

"You bitch.... you don't deserve to live. But it's okay. I will take care of you. Just you and me. I thought I had to take you away from Conner but now I had two to fight off. But it was easy. Stefan is an arrogant asshole." Mike yelled while he pulled me by my legs along Stefan's apartment.

My tears were as if a dam had been released and they wouldn't stop. No matter how hard I try, they just won't stop. I am weak. Too weak for this. But the sinister look in his eyes encourages me to fight. To show him he hadn't won yet. My head bangs against the doorway and we are out of the bedroom. I gently lift up my hand and just what I thought. Blood is pouring out.

I desperately find for something to hold onto, but I find nothing. The whole apartment is shattered. Glass pieces everywhere. Every time those pieces pierce my asking form behind in my back and head. I have a huge bruise on my wrist.

After our escapade, Stefan left for work and as promised he was making up for the lost time. But it was taking a till on his work. He said he'd be back by 12:00 but it's just 10:30 now.

I look around, thrash and resist as hard as I can but it's of no use. Then he takes me to the kitchen.

"Too-fucking- much security. I had to climb through the window." He mutters under his breath. He leaves me for a minute or so and the checks out. I take this time to go into the drawers of the kitchen. Good thing he hasn't changed anything. I knew my trip to India would come in handy.

Spices.

I grab a handful and chuck it at him. Goal. They land in his eyes and he grunts shouting and falls to the floor. I grab a pair of tongs from the drawer about it and hit it on top of his head. He did not see that one coming. He instantly falls to the floor and faints. I check his pulse to make sure he is still breathing and when I find he is, I look for a rope around the apartment limping. My frets are so bloody, I am leaving bloody footsteps behind me. When I finally find it I go back to the kitchen and tie his legs and hands. I call 911 to report but before I am able to say anything a darkness threatens to take over.

It seemed so peaceful and quiet. So I let it take over with the lady attendent shouting on the phone to tell her what happened. But the darkness completely takes over and the last thing I hear before I faint, I the front door slamming open and hurried footsteps come into my line of vision.

"Hope !" that voice shouts.