Chapter 14

I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to take over the world. I feel like a new person, a new man. I'm definite that I'll be able to find someone--not just anyone, but someone who fits my criteria.

I know it's only been two weeks but I'm not giving up yet on Asami. If I can get Asami, then I'll take him. If he still doesn't want me, I need to look harder in this damn school for my perfect uke.

If I still can't find anyone, I am wasting my time, effort and my parents' money enrolling in this all boys school. I can just transfer in a co-ed public school and look for my uke over there.

Anyway, it is a new day and a new opportunity to look around. I'm happy, positive and optimistic. Today will be a great day.

_______________

I arrived to school and I notice a lot of people were staring at me. I thought to myself that I was finally getting noticed. This is a good thing. If a cute uke finds me instead of me finding him, that will be great.

Haru: GOOD MORNING, USAGI! You're early as always.

Usagi: Yea...someone is in a good mood today. -smiles and pets Haru's hair-

Haru: STOP IT! It took a lot of time for me to style it like that.

Aki: -comes in- Good Morni-- OH MY GOD, HARU! WOAH! You look so good today! What happened?!

Haru: I decided to change things around and I wanted to look good.

Aki: Oh...but already look good before. -smiles- Right now, you're much cuter! -laughs-

Haru: -laughs- Thanks, Aki.

Usagi: We hung out yesterday. -looks at Aki-

Aki: That is not fair, Haru! I thought I was your friend...let's hang out too!

Haru: Oh, okay...

Asami: -comes in- Good morning. -looks at Haru- Hello, Haru. You look...um...good today. -forces a smile-

Haru: Hi, Asami...and...um thanks!

Asami: -looks at Haru, smiles and starts talking to Aki-

Nothing changed. Asami did notice me and he even said that I looked good. Even then, I still couldn't get his full attention. It's always Aki...Aki...Aki. My transformation didn't win Asami...but it was okay. Really, it's okay. There are other people out here for me. The feeling of rejection starts to come back to me. It sucks--but there's nothing else that I can do. You really can't force a person to like you.

_______________

As usual, Asami and Aki went to lunch together so was I and Usagi. We went on our separate ways. I wondered for a bit if I could only talk more to Asami that he would learn to like me. I just couldn't get him out of my head yet. I should start looking or maybe think of something else.

That kiss with Usagi...that was embarrassing. I'm curious on what he thinks about it. Was I good? I didn't move that much and he pretty much led the whole thing and did all the work. I just stood there and open my mouth--just thinking about it makes me a bit flustered.

Haru: -looks at Usagi- Um...you mentioned yesterday that you need my help...um...-pauses- You know I'm not the best kisser and I think you can practice with someone else...and actually that was...um..my first kiss. -shy-

Usagi: WHAT?! You thought that I need help on kissing?! -laughs so hard- Oh, Haru...you are so cute. -pauses and ponders- I mean if you don't mind, we can practice together right? -smirks-

Haru: I don't mind at all. I need to practice too. I want to learn how to kiss well...I mean...you know, whenever I get my first boyfriend. I'll be ready. -shy-

Usagi: Do you want to start practicing now?

Haru: Um...hold on...we just ate...here have some mint.

Usagi: -laughs- You're so prepared. -smiles- Okay...here I go. -leans forward-

Haru: -closes his eyes- Ah...ah...-pants-

Usagi: -stops- Are you okay? Is there something wrong?

Haru: Um...nothing...I don't think you need practice...you're already good at it...

Usagi: I still need some more...-continues to kiss Haru-

I was not sure anymore on what I was doing. This was the first time that Usagi asked for my help. It was an odd request but didn't resist.

First of all, He is a guy. Second, he can get any girl he wants. It boggles my mind that out of all people, he chooses me to be his kissing partner. I find it even weirder that he is already good at kissing but still insists that needs more practice. Weird.

I don't know anymore. I'm just trying to be a good friend. Also, I'm benefitting from it too because I'm actually learning how to kiss. If I ever find my perfect uke, I'll kiss him really good. I'm rotten and shameless. I know.

____________________

My swim practice ended early and I took a shower. Asami still avoided me even I was trying to talk to him during practice. I just wanted to get to know him more if not as a possible boyfriend but at least as a friend. Whatever, he can do whatever he wants. I'll just leave him be.

I'm getting used to this routine and I actually feel good. Being physically fit really enhances my mood.

Senior boy #1: Hey, cutie what are you doing later?

Haru: Um...I'm going...home. -worried-

Senior boy #2: You're new here, huh? I haven't seen your pretty face before. -comes closer to Haru- Come play with us. -smirks-

Haru: I'm really tired...I just want to go home. -scared-

Senior boy #3: Come on, hang out with us for a while. You're so cute. -smirks-

Haru: No, I'm sorry. I'm going home.

Senior boy #1: -grabs Haru's arm- Why not? You don't want to play with us?

Haru: Stop joking around! I want to leave. -struggles-

Senior boy #3: Look, he looks even cuter when his mad. -laughs-

Haru: I HAVE TO GO! -struggles and tries to escape-

Senior boy #2: Oh no, you don't. -grabs Haru's arms and holds him tightly-

Haru: I SAID NO! LET GO ALREADY! -struggles-

Senior boy #1: There's no use. Just give it up already and play with us. Don't make me mad...cutie.

Aki: -dashes towards Haru- HEY YOU! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! -angry-

Senior boy #3: Nothing, we're just making friends with this little cutie, right here.

Aki: Let him go. -grabs Haru-

Senior boy #2: Why are you messing with our fun? Who the hell are you?

Aki: -pauses- I'm his boyfriend! -serious-

Senior boy #3: Oh really?! Why don't you kiss him in front of us?

This is bad. I always get into these bad situations and Aki always dashes in to save me. I am just a damsel in distress. I can never be a man like Aki or Usagi. I'm such a loser. Aki...why did you lie to them? Aki...what are you even thinking? What are you planning to do?!