Chapter 23

"You idiot!"

Bart Silverman opened his eyes to see his very pregnant wife standing next to him. His muffled words were ignored by her as she continued her angry tirade, "What were you thinking? I trusted you and this is what happens?"

He removed his gag after she untied his hands and legs, "Most women would be shocked or worried to find their husbands tied up."

"I'm not most women and this isn't the first time I've seen you tied up. Granted, at least you're not tied to a bed this time."

"I swear I wasn't cheating on you Meredith. That Deleon woman went crazy."

"She went crazy? That's your excuse?"

"She went ballistic after I told her that there was no guarantee of her getting pregnant."

"You're lying!"

"I'm not lying," Dr. Silverman raised his right hand. "I swear it."

"You expect me to believe that she did this to you because you told her she still might not have a baby? Are you expecting me to believe that? Your head's bleeding. That tells me you were struck. What did you do? Try to force her?"

"Listen to yourself. Why would I need to force anyone?"

"That's right. You have tramps like Genevive willing to sleep with you," Meredith pushed her husband away when he tried getting close to her.

"Do you have any proof that I slept with Genevive? You know she's a liar. You can't believe a word she says."

Meredith sat on the love seat Dani had been sitting on earlier, "I don't believe you anymore Bart. Once shame on you. Twice shame on me. Although this wouldn't be twice, would it? I know you've cheated on me before and I always overlooked it but I'm carrying your child now Bart! We're going to be a family. I don't deserve this! I love you. I've always loved you. Since college it's always been you in my heart but I'm so sick and tired of this."

"You know you're in my heart too Meredith."

"You're so full of it," she couldn't stop the tears from coming. "I've done everything for you Bart. Everything. I always thought love was supposed to be understanding and forgiving. So I would tell myself you were just playing with those other women. That it was me that you loved."

"Of course I love you."

"Seeing you tied like some pathetic animal opened my eyes. You know what I've realized?"

Bart wondered if he should apologize or deny when it came to her accusations. Before he could speak, Meredith continued.

"I realized that if you really loved me, you wouldn't disrespect me like this. You wouldn't cheat on me. I know you're no angel Bart. Sometimes I think you're Satan himself. How can I raise my son with a father like you?" Meredith stood up and turned away from her husband. "I think we should stop now."

"What are you saying? Stop what? I'd be a great father to our son."

"I'm saying I want a divorce."

Bart licked his lips as he looked around the room, "You want to take my son and leave me?" He was shouting to her back as she refused to look at him.

"Shouldn't you be happy? Now you don't have to sneak around with women."

"You ungrateful bitch! If you want to leave then go! I don't care. My son stays with me. After you have him, I'll sue you for full custody."

"Bart, you're delusional if you think you'd have a chance against me," she slowly turned her head. "I know about Callie Sommerby."

"What are you talking about?"