Chapter Nine

Kind of a filler chapter, but not really...

            Keon Wyatt

I hate Monday mornings. I was always grumpy and it was just best that I didn't socialize with anyone until at least noon. So it didn't help when I had to wake up and go to this damn appointment with Naiya to see the wedding planner. I guess the plus side about it was that food would be involved. We were also handing over the invite list which I was happy about only because I erased mad people off who Alphonse added. It was finalized today which meant that those people weren't coming and it wasn't shit he could do about it.

Wanna hurt somebody who thinks they have power? Take the fucking control away. He was gonna be one sick son of a bitch come the possible wedding day.

I was in my art study, eating a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch with the entire box next to me on the floor while drawing Naiya.

Don't ask, because I don't know. I just...felt like drawing and while I was coming up the steps, I decided to draw her...

Anyway, you ever tried to eat just one or two bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch? It's impossible. Which is why I have the entire box. At three, I get full and the milk is all gone. I never waste milk when I have Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I'll keep eating until the milk is all gone if I'm really hungry.

Naiya's beautiful but got damn she's got issues. I mean not like it's her fault, but I realized that everyone I've drawn or painted, has had issues.

My mom? A low key whore according to my dad. She was with a guy and fucked my dad the same night she met him while her dude was at the same event. I love her to death but damn. I've drawn her before I knew about that and I never knew what her issue was. Now I know.

Kyle? Dude got anger issues. Then again who doesn't? Besides, it's only against Alphonse and even though I know Alphonse deserves it, his anger with him is...kind of mind boggling. He tries to hide it but I'm his little brother, I notice every damn thing. I need to find out what's up with that.

Alphonse? Self-explanatory.

Brianna? Once suicidal and she was raped. That shit is going to haunt her for life but she's getting through it.

Brianna's sister Reese? Fucked a married man, Alphonse, found out he was married and still kept fucking him. Point blank period.

And then there's Naiya.

Now I'm not judging any of these people, besides Alphonse, because shit happens. Either it's your fault or not, shit happens.

I would draw myself but I'm ugly as shit.

I like drawing people with issues because I think I suck at portraits. By me drawing them with suck ass portrait skills, I'm allowed to say, 'Hey, this painting is ugly and I meant to do it that way because they have issues.' They all have flaws and that's okay. Flaws make us who we are. They may not define us but they definitely make us who we are. And that's something to accept.

Wait, if I think I'm ugly I guess that's my issue right? And if I suck at portraits anyway, it won't matter if I'm ugly.

I sat Naiya's portrait face down and started on mine. Our appointment was at 10. It's only 8 and I doubt that Naiya is even awake now. Her second week of school and she's skipping already for this wedding shit. Then there's the wedding dress fitting on Wednesday that she's going to which I will be signing her out of school early for. If she doesn't graduate, it'll be all my dad's fault.