Tohru part 4

-------------------------Disclaimer-----------------------

I don't own Furuba or any characters associated with Furuba. They all belong to Takaya-sensei.

Konnichiwa! This was gonna be a short chapter, but once I started writing, I realised there was loads of stuff I wanted to include... oh well! Don't worry, this one's a bit more light-hearted than the last chapter. By the way, I renamed this book! Jealous of the cat became unlucky, which I think suits the story better. To be honest, I called it jealous of the cat because I couldn't think of anything else and I wasn't sure where the story was going. Also, I put one of my fics on hiatus *wipes tearful eye* because I want to focus on this one more, but I will continue it at some point.

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone for reading and I'd especially like to thank everyone who has voted or commented. It means a lot to me and generally brightens up my day. Let's try and get the read number to 275, or even 300!

As always, arigato and please vote and comment!

Tohru's P.O.V

"So, cancer, huh?" Uo-chan says sadly.

"Uh, yeah. Invasive breast cancer of no special type." I reply.

"Oh, Tohru. I'm so sorry..." Hana-chan tells me, taking my hand.

"It's okay... don't worry about me!" I say, forcing myself to be as cheerful as possible.

"Tohru, we can't not worry about you. It's what we're here for. Best friends are supposed to worry about each other." Uo-chan says warmly, squeezing my hand.

"I wish Kyoko was here..." Hana-chan begins.

"Not helping, Hana." Uo-chan gives Hana-chan a warning glare.

"I'm sensing some strange electric waves from Kyo..." Hana-chan tells us, changing the subject.

"Kyo-kun? What kind of electric waves?" I ask.

"Very perculiar ones. And they're directed at you, Tohru. He's thinking about you. Romantic signals-" Hana-chan is interrupted by Uo-chan.

"WHAT?! ORANGE TOP LOVES TOHRU?!" Uo-chan yells in disbelief.

I'm completely dumbstruck.

Kyo-kun likes me...?

"Well, Kyo's electric waves could be interpreted as a crush on Tohru." Hana-chan informs.

"What's that supposed ta mean? Dammit, Saki, does he like her or not?" Uo-chan says.

"I don't know for sure, Arisa, but it looks like sweet Tohru has got herself an admirer." Uo-chan says.

Kyo-kun likes me!

"Wow. Well, he better treat her right, or he'll be sorry as hell. I used to be a yankee." Uo-chan threatens.

"Arisa, you still are, with the long skirts and shaved eyebrows. But don't you think Tohru will make such a beautiful bride? I'm going to cry at her wedding." Hana-chan sniffs, then pulls out a frillyblack handkerchief from her pocket and drys her eyes.

I hear the ring of the bell, signifying that it's time for period five.

I don't know how I feel about Kyo-kun. My head is a mess of emotions.

Kyo-kun likes me...

***

I'm making supper (miso soup) when I hear a knock at the door. I answer it to see the familiar face of Momiji-kun.