10. The Unanswered Question

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors

Dedicated to Patellabone for the constant support you have shown this story! Thanks so much hun!

_________

Suzzanah's POV

I quite distinctly remembered bawling my eyes out to that large wolf in the woods about how I didn't want to die. I still didn't, but being buried some ten feet underground in a remote inconspicuous corner of this earth sure seemed incredibly appealing right then.

I couldn't even begin to express how embarrassed I was feeling at that instant. All the blood in my body had rushed to my face, making it dazzle like a red ruby under bright sunlight.

Initially I thought I was shocked, but apparently not quite as shocked as the CEO was. He stood paralysed, his eyes bulged, eyebrows floated in the air somewhere and body went completely stiff, as he continued to gape incredulously at my exposed legs.

Although embarrassment was the glaringly obvious emotion plastered across my beet red face, his face became a stage to a plethora of emotions, some of which I could recognize, others which I didn't dare to.

From the initial gob-smacked look, his expression had swiftly progressed to one of confusion, then to realization, then briefly to something dark and intense which I couldn't or wouldn't dare place, before finally ending in blatant and unparalleled rage.

I only had time to let out a nasal pig-like squeal as a strong gust of wind flew by me and I was swiftly pulled back into the CEO's sturdy muscular arms. As my body crashed into his broad chiseled torso, one of his arms encircled my waist firmly while the other went to the back of my head as he buried my face in his chest.

He positioned himself to support my wounded leg so that no weight fell on it, but unfortunately it only made our current position even more disturbingly intimate.

My thoughts were too jumbled up to piece together what had just happened, adding to my distress as I was currently trying hard to regain the breath I had lost in my violent collision with this brick wall which now encircled me.

A stifled shriek escaped my lips and I squirmed vigorously in his arms when I felt bolts of electric tingles shoot through my flushed body.

Immediately after, a loud growl filled the air followed by yet another string of frightened gasps, mine included, but it was muffled into the CEO's dress shirt.

Was that...was it the wolf? No it couldn't be! A dog maybe? But I didn't see any so...was it the CEO???

"Everyone back inside, NOW!" the command in the CEO's loud authoritative statement was not lost on anyone as I immediately heard the frenzied shuffling of multiple pairs of feet as they all grew distant, all but one, which slowly but surely seemed to grow louder and closer with each passing second.

Realization descended into my disoriented persona and my eyes ballooned out of their sockets only to be pressed back into them by the CEO's brawny chest. My heart was suddenly beating so fast and hard that I felt like it would explode through my chest any minute.

The CEO is hugging me! He's hugging me! WHY would he do that?! The tingles are driving me insane! Someone is coming towards us! I'm half naked! The CEO is still hugging me and I'm about to pass out from suffocation!

I squirmed in the CEO's arms, desperate to get some air into my lungs and some distance between our torsos, but his hold only tightened further around my frame.