•Four•

Yesterday we had decided our best bet was the CDC. We lost Jim on our journey, he just couldn't go on anymore.

I haven't talked to a single person since Amy's death, not even Glenn or Andrea... I just don't have any words, it's so difficult to imagine a world without her, but she was too good for this world anyway.

I stepped out the RV and the stench of rotten corpses filled my nose I turned around and started to vomit, Glenn came to the rescue as usual and rubbed my back and held my hair out of my face.

"Hey, hey you okay? What's wrong?" He asked genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine, it's just the smell." I replied giving him a short fake smile.

"C'mon." He said pulling me towards the huge building.

There was absolutely no sign that anyone was here but Rick began banging on the big metal doors.

"Walkers!" Glenn shouted warning us all.

"Help please let us in! Your killing us! You're killing us!" Rick began to shout "Please I have a family, I have a son!"

Glenn grabbed my arm and began to pull me away, I turned back and looked at the camera and as I did so I saw it move. "Wait! The camera! It moved."

"You're seeing things c'mon we have to go." Andrea said trying to drag me away.

"No, no I saw it." Rick backed me up. I ran to the door and started to bang on it."Hey please, please let us in, we won't last out here please!" I pleaded.

The next thing I knew Shane had thrown me over his shoulder and started to walk away "Shane I saw it put me down! Now!" Just as I said that the door shot open and a blinding light spilled out.

***

After entering the CDC and being met with a man called Dr. Jenner, We had all agreed to a blood test, that was the price for him letting us stay here which we gladly agreed to. I had just got mine and went to stand up but suddenly I felt a wave of dizziness over me and nearly fell to the floor, but as expected Glenn caught me.

"Is she okay?" Dr Jenner the scientist, asked.

"She's exhausted she hasn't eaten in days." Carol told him as she hugged her daughter Sophia close.

"Yeah none of us have." Lori chipped in.

"Follow me." Dr Jenner said happily as he walked out of the room.

"Are we underground?" Carol asked as we were walking through the long white hallways.

"You claustrophobic?" He asked.

"Yeah a little" she replied.

"Just try not think about it".

She nervously nodded and held onto her daughters hand.

"There are sofas you can use and beds in storage which are comfy enough if you want, there's also a room with books and games which you kids may like... Just don't plug in any video games or anything that uses power for that matter. Also try go easy on the hot water." Dr Jenner told us.

"Hot water?" Glenn questioned in disbelief.

"That's what the man said!" T-dog said pushing his way through to a room.

After wandering around, trying to find somewhere to sleep it seemed all the rooms had been claimed so I made my way to Glenn's and knocked on the door.

He soon answered. "Hey, whats up?"

"Can I stay with you?" I asked giving him a sad smile.

"Yeah, yeah of course." He quickly nodded, opening the door fully for me to come in.

I walked in and saw a sofa, small bed and a desk in the corner.

"I'm just gonna shower is that okay?" I asked.

"Go ahead." He gave me a warm smile,

I nodded and walked into the small bathroom, I stripped my clothes off and walked into the shower. The hot water coated my body and felt amazing, I tried to relax but as I looked down towards my feet I noticed blood flowing down the drain. Amy's blood. I hadn't washed in days, her blood still coated my hands and arms.

I began to have flashbacks of her dying. "No." I whispered to myself grabbing my hair. "Please stop, please." I begged as tears began escaping my eyes. I grabbed my towel and went over to the sink leaning over it trying to regain myself. 'I can't do this, I'm not strong enough' I thought to myself.

I slowly looked up toward the steamed up mirror I wiped it and stared at myself, I was dirty and pale and still had Amy's blood on my hands considering I was only in the shower for about half a minute. I was so angry how could she be gone, how could I let this happen? Flashbacks of her lying there in my arms taking her last breath poured through my head, the walker taking the bite out of her arm, her lying there lifeless. "No, no, no, no!" I shouted clenching my fists punching the mirror on the wall causing it to shatter and my hand to be oozing of blood.

"Anna? hey! whats going on?" I heard Glenn shout from outside the bathroom.

I didn't even have the strength to answer I simply fell to the floor sobs escaping my mouth.

"I'm coming in!" Glenn said bursting through the door.

Glenns POV

I burst through the door to see glass all over the floor and Anna sitting there crying hugging her knees to her chest. I quickly made my way over to her and knelt down wrapping my arms around her.

"I can't, I can't do it. She's gone, she's really gone." She cried into my chest as I pulled her as close as humanly possible.

I could feel my entire heart break watching her so helpless and so lost, I cared about her so much all I wanted was for her to be safe and happy.

"Shh, its okay we're gonna be okay." I assured her stroking her hair.

"I could't save her, I told her I would protect her." She cried even harder.

"This isn't on you. This isn't"

***

After I had gotten Anna calmed down and cleaned up she fell asleep on the bed I sat next to her stroking her hair, everyone had went to eat but I couldn't leave her just yet. It killed me knowing she was hurting and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

***

This probably sucked i'm sorry lmfao

But thanks for reading and pls vote and comment it means a lot :)