nine

I went up the elevator as quickly as I could, more tears pouring out my eyes the longer it took to get up to my floor. I rushed down the hall and pounded on the door of my shared apartment with Luke, remembering that I'd left my key inside by accident.

Luke opened the door, looking confused with his hair in a mess all over his head and I knew I'd interrupted his show on Netflix. His look of confusion changed to concern when he saw my face.

"Oh my god," he took my hand and pulled me into his chest. "Taylor, tell me what happened right now."

About 10 minutes later I was sitting on the couch in our living room with a glass of water telling Luke the rundown of what happened with Ashton.

"You just left?" Luke said.

I nodded. "He was trying to be so nosy. I don't want him knowing everything just yet, Luke."

"I don't think he was trying to be nosy, Taylor," Luke said. "He was just trying to get to know more about you. You know, you are kinda hard to figure out."

"Well he doesn't need to figure me out!" I said. "I just met him a couple weeks ago!"

"And he obviously has an interest in you," Luke said. "He only wants to get to know you better, or he wouldn't have tried so hard to get you in the first place. And I know you have an interest in him too."

I sighed, taking a sip of my water and staring at the coffee table in front of me. "I don't know what to do. I'm new to this whole dating thing."

"Just call him and apologize. Or ask him to go get lunch tomorrow so you guys can talk it out," Luke said.

"I don't want to call him tonight," I shook my head.

"No, not tonight," Luke shook his head. "You should get to bed and sleep it off tonight and take care of it tomorrow. It's getting late anyways. I was going to get to bed after this episode was over."

I nodded, getting up from the couch and heading to the bathroom.

I took off my jacket and my jeans, pulling my hair up into a ponytail while I washed the smeared makeup off of my face and took off my sweater and bra, wrapping my robe around me and brushing my teeth before I went back into my room and pulled on my pajama shorts and a t-shirt.

Luke was putting away his leftover macaroni and cheese when I went into the kitchen and he came up to me and gave me a hug. "Go get some sleep."

I nodded and he kissed my forehead softly before releasing me to go to my bedroom and sleep.

-

I got up in the morning to make breakfast for Luke. I made pancakes, bacon and eggs, knowing how much Luke loves big breakfasts. He woke while I was in the middle of finishing up the last of the eggs and pancakes and putting them on a couple plates for us.

"It smells like Heaven in here," he said, sitting at the table after I handed him the plate. He had finally put on a t-shirt and sweats so at least he was no longer roaming the house in his boxers.

"I made breakfast to make up for ruining your Netflix date last night," I said, pouring us both a glass of orange juice and handing him one before sitting at the table with my own breakfast.

"You didn't ruin it," he said, taking a rather large bite of pancakes. "You haven't called Ashton yet have you?"

"No, I just woke up to make breakfast," I said. "I'll call him afterwards."

Luke nodded, finishing his bite of pancakes and going right in for another.

I took a bit longer to finish my own food, making sure I could buy myself enough time to figure out what exactly I was going to say to Ashton. Luke was right; I was overreacting last night and I owed him an apology and a second chance at that.