Chapter 14

"Where have you been?" Jermaine asked me as soon as we were alone.

When he saw me, I instantly got up and went to into one of the rooms so that we could talk in private. I knew there was no way around it.

"What are you doing here? Are you following me?" I asked annoyed. A little part of me was glad to see him though.

"I left you a voicemail telling you I was going to be at a family get together. This is my uncle's house. Where have you been April. I have been worried sick. Wait, what are you doing here?"

I sighed. "Well, it just so happens that your uncle's wife is my mother. I came here to get to know the rest of my family. If I would have known you were going to be here I would have stayed away longer."

"Wait, so are we related?" Jermaine asked with a horrified look on his face as he looked down to my baby bump.

"No. Well, maybe my marriage but not by blood."

"Ok, ok, good. Now tell me why you have been dodging me. What did I do?"

"My dad found out that you are the father of this baby and he told me how you bought April a new ring and how y'all had still been coming over and that you were suppose to be working it out. One thing you need to know about me is that I do not like to be led on. I'm a big girl. You could have told me the truth."

Jermaine ran his hand down his face. "It's nothing like that. Yes I technically got her a new ring but it was because she lost the other one and we had insurance on it. She picked out another ring and I just so happened to pick it up when it was ready and gave it to her at your dad's house. I do not know where he got the assumption that I wanted to work it out with her at. She basically black mails me to go over to their house to look like some happy couple when we're not."

"Why didn't you tell me that you went to her baby shower?"

"I didn't even know I was even going to a baby shower until I got there. Her mom called and told me to come over because she needed to talk to me. Erica had her call me because she knew otherwise I would not have came. I never told you because I knew they probably didn't tell you anything about the baby shower and I didn't want you to feel any kind of way. I should have told you and I apologize for that. Please don't be mad at me any longer." Jermaine asked with a pleading face.

I felt a little dumb at the moment. I should have just asked him instead of ignoring him. It would have saved me a lot of sleepless nights.

"I forgive you. I apologize for not just coming out and asking you. But if it makes up for anything, I really have missed you." I said walking closer to him.

He met me the rest of the way and took me into his arms before kissing me.

Lord knows I miss these lips.

We walked out hand and hand back to the party to the table my mother and sisters were sitting at.

Everyone looked at us with a curious look.

"Soooooo, Jermaine. I thought you were married." Anna said with a smirk on her face.

"Yea until I get this divorce." Jermaine replied.

"So how did this happen?" Asia asked.

"We bumped into each other at a family dinner, literally, and we just sort of kind of fell for each other along the way." I answered honestly.

"So, the baby, it's yours?" Anna asked as she looked at Jermaine.

"Baby?" My mom and Amber said at the same time.