•Seven•

We woke up early to go search for Sophia, I was walking in the back when Carl trailed behind and walked beside me.

"Hey kid." I said with a bright smile.

"Do you think we'll find her?" He asked, I didn't want to get his hopes too high but I couldn't tell him that we might not find her, why the hell did kids have to be so forward?

"Yeah, I'm sure we will and I'm sure she'll be just fine." I said as I ruffled his hair, he gave me a quick smile and then went to talk to Shane.

After about half an hour of walking around the woods, an incredibly loud church bell rang out
"Do you guys hear that?" I asked.

"Maybe Sophia is ringing it!" Carol guessed.

We all started running through a graveyard and towards a small church we burst through the doors to see three walkers I swiftly took my bow out and shot two in the head while Rick stabbed one with his knife, I didn't see a bell when we came in so I ran out side to see Glenn fiddling with something on the side of the church.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked in confusion.

"It's on a timer." He sighed in defeat, pointing up to the top of the church where a speaker was.

Soon enough the group decided to split up and look for Sophia. Shane, Rick and I went further into the woods while everyone else went back to the highway.

(Ricks POV)

After walking for a while, Anna suddenly came to a stop when a deer stepped out right in front of her, she stretched her arm out and walked slowly closer to it, I looked out the corner of my eye to see Shane raise his gun.

"Don't," I whispered, pushing Shane's gun down. We watched as she was just centimetres from touching the deer, A gunshot rang out and Anna came flying backwards landing on the ground as blood seeped through her shirt.

"No!" Shane and I shouted as we ran towards her, a man came out of the woods and told us to run forward to a farm house and ask for Hershel.

I scooped Anna up bridal style and ran as fast as my legs could carry me, no way we're we losing another person. My legs felt like jelly and my lungs were on fire but I had to keep going. In the distance I could see a big white farm house, I ran to it and as I started getting closer there was a family stood on the porch.

"Hershel! I'm looking for Hershel!" I shouted hoping I'd come to the right place.

"Me that's me! Is she bit?" An old man who appeared to be Hershel asked.

"No, shot by your man!" I said trying to remain calm.

"Otis?" A woman asked, I nodded my head assuming that was his name.

"Bring her in, quick get her on the bed!" Hershel started yelling out all of the equipment he needed and went to work on Anna.

"She needs blood, what blood type is she?" Hershel asked.

"I.. I don't know, Andrea her sister will know, I need to find her, oh God she doesn't know." I panicked.

"Where is she?" A young girl with short brown hair asked who seemed about Anna's age.

I told her the location of the highway, hoping they'd be back by now.

"I'll go get her okay, you need to stay here in case she wakes up." She said as she began walking out

"Oh God, Glenn" I said as realisation hit me.

"Glenn? Who's Glenn?" She asked.

"Her... her boyfriend, I think I don't know but he needs the be here." I told the girl who's name I learned to be Maggie.

"It's okay! I'll take care of it." She said as she left.

I walked out of the house and sat on the porch steps as Otis and Shane walked over.

"Where is she? She's okay right?" Shane asked clearly worried which was unusual for him.

"I don't know, the girls gone to find Andrea, she needs blood and quick." I replied.

(Glenn's POV)

We were wandering through the woods when I heard Andrea scream I quickly turned around to run to her. As I got closer I saw her on the ground with a walker on top of her, out of nowhere a chick on a horse rode out, swinging a baseball bat at the walkers head making it go flying across the ground.

"Andrea? Glenn?" She asked.

"Yeah, yeah that's us, who's asking?" I said quickly wondering how she knew our names.

"You need to come quick, Anna's been shot! But I can only take Andrea, she needs blood now!" She said.

The woman on the horse quickly told us the direction of the farm before taking off with Andrea.

"Hey you guys head back to the highway I'll meet you at the farm." I said before taking off in the direction of the farm before anyone could protest. I ran as fast as I could to the farm, my lungs felt as if they were going to collapse along with my legs, but I couldn't give up. Anna needed me, I had to be there.

(Anna's POV)

I opened my eyes to feel a burning pain just below my chest. I stared up at the bright light ceiling wondering where I was.
"Andrea? Glenn?" I called out suddenly an old man with bright white hair came through the door.

"Anna, welcome back to the land of the living." He said.

"What the hell, who are you?" I asked, narrowing my eyes in confusion.

"My name is Hershel, you were shot, I need to take a look at that bullet wound but I need you awake okay?" He said wiping his hands on a towel.

I didn't know what was going on but I simply just nodded.
"Where's Andrea? And Glenn? Where are my family?" I asked beginning to get increasingly worried.

"Some of your group are here, Andrea is waiting outside, some are on their way, but I need to start getting those bullet fragments out of you." He said firmly, I yet again just nodded as he started asking a woman called Patricia for equipment.

I laid back and Hershel unravelled my bandages which were wrapped around me, he then stuck some a metal grabber my bullet wound, causing an enormous amount of pain to flow through my body.

I screamed in agony "Please stop, stop now!" I yelled at Hershel, trying to back away as he searched for the bullet pieces.

Soon enough Glenn and Rick came into the room, wondering what was going on.

"Make it stop please! Make it stop." I cried, unable to handle the pain.

"Stop you're killing her!" Glenn yelled at Hershel, making his way over to me.

"You need to hold her down or I will cut an artery and then she will be dead." Hershel ordered calmly as he kept poking around.

Glenn grabbed my arms and held me down, tears in his eyes "I'm sorry." He said.

And the everything went black.

***

Anna really can't catch a break huh