fourteen // break my date

I MUST'VE BEEN STUCK IN Liz's room for hours on end, due to her insisting that I wore this and wore that, and I needed to look 'perfect' for this first date. It isn't really our first date, because we probably went on dates in other lives, right?

That thought makes me remember something. I never bothered asking about what we did in my previous lives, because I didn't think about it too much - I have way too many things to think about, to be honest. So, I plan on asking Luke when we are alone. He seems to have less trouble opening up when I get him on his own.

As Liz finishes straightening out my outfit, she smiles approvingly as she steps back to look at me. I wear a silk, gold camisole which has embroidered details such as small flowers and a laced trim, with a pair of black skinnies and brown, suede boots which match my brown leather biker jacket. The boots have this strap around the ankle which makes it look like that is the reason they stay on my foot, but the zip gives itself away. To complete the look, Liz kept my make-up light yet smokey, especially around my eyes, where the grey-brown eye shadow makes my chocolate orbs look more mysterious and dark than usual. I hardly ever wear any lip-gloss, but Liz said that Luke likes watermelon, so I let her layer watermelon flavoured gloss onto my lips.

"You look beautiful, Ridley," she compliments, sincerity in her eyes. My cheeks flush.

"Thank you," I say, flustered.

Liz chuckles, passing me a black travel-bag, as well as a satchel. Huh? "You'll be staying out tonight. I've put in a blanket and some other essentials in case you get cold, as well as today's silk purchase," she winks, and when I am about to blush again, something she says clicked. Why will I be cold? Luke refused to tell me what we'll be doing tonight, and everyone else is being just as stubborn as him. I fume, wishing that I can read Liz's mind, but I honestly have no idea where to start. Deciding to give it a shot, I stare at her forehead so hard that I think my eyes might pop out of my skull. Liz chuckles in amusement. "It's useless trying to read my mind, dear. I'm good at keeping my thoughts to myself." Well, then.

I release a huff, not at all happy with the fact that she is keeping her thoughts from me. I don't ponder on it too much, though, because Calum appears in the corner of my eye. I turn to him, smiling. "Hey, Cal. What's up?"

"The ceiling, the sky, clouds," he says with a grin, which I roll my eyes at. He can be so annoying when he wants to be. "Are you ready? Luke's getting impatient."

I am about to respond, but Liz cuts in. "Yes, she's ready. She looks quite the picture, doesn't she?"

Calum nods. "You look stunning, Rid," he tells me, and I hope to dear god that the make-up I'm wearing covers up all of the blushing I am doing.

I mutter a quiet "thank you," and then we are off down the stairs. Though the heel of my boots is only about three inches high, I still struggle to walk without hobbling everywhere. Luckily, Calum catches me when he thinks I am about to tumble down the stairs, and each time I stare gratefully at him.

In the living room are the rest of the crew, with Ashton and Michael sitting down, and Andy standing by the door. Luke stands leaning against the wall, his exquisite length complimented by his black skinnies that are ripped at his right knee, a white shirt which clings to and hugs his chest in a way that makes my insides turn into butter, with a denim jacket which looks so good on him that even my heart is sweating. For shoes, he wears these black biker-style boots that make him seem like the dangerous person I know he isn't. His hair is in its usual quiff, perfectly styled and soft to the touch, and then there is his face, which seems to get more and more attractive every damn minute. I want to scream.

The blonde boy pushes himself off the wall and meets me at the bottom of the stairs, his light gaze doing a head-to-toe examination. He looks stunned. I bet I do, too.