01 | I Hate Mexico

Chapter One

"This doesn't seem so bad," Stiles sighed, as we looked around the small village.

"It's not the town, it's the plan." Lydia responded,

"What's wrong with the plan?" he asked.

"Stiles. This could be the stupidest plan we've ever come up with. You're aware of that, right?" I commented.

"I'm aware it's not our best," he admits.

"We are going to die." Lydia proclaimed.

"Are you saying that as a Banshee or are you just being pessimistic?" Stiles questioned.

"I'm saying it as a person who doesn't want to die," she rolls her eyes, as I rub my arms in discomfort.

"Okay. Would you mind restricting any talk of death to actual Banshee predictions?" Stiles asked,

"This plan is stupid, and we're going to die." Lydia responded, and I laughed.

"Oh, thank you." Stiles sarcastically speaks.

We continue walking, until we reach a dark ally. "Is it just me, or did this place just get really shady." I cautioned,

They both ignored my comment as we walked up to a tall door, with guards in front of it.

Lydia says something in Spanish to them, and they shake their heads. I nudge Stiles, causing him to fumble through his pockets for the card.

He shows the card to the guards, then to the camera above them.

The door opens.

"Well, that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be." I mumble, as we enter the building, and begin walking down the narrow hallway.

The door closes behind us, causing us to turn around. We continue down the hallway until we reach another door. Stiles pushes it open, revealing a club with obnoxiously loud music.

Lydia and I continue to follow Stiles through the crowds of people, over to the bar.

The bartender places three drinks down in front of us, and we all exchange looks. Stiles reaches for his wallet, but is stopped when an older Mexican man comes up behind us, grabbing our shoulders.

"No. On the house. Most American teenagers don't cross the border to refuse a drink." The man says,

"We didn't come to drink," Lydia addresses, dropping a shell casing engraved with a skull into the glass.

Almost immediately we were being hauled away into a room, where we would meet with Araya. I don't know much about her, just that she's old, and knows where Derek is. "Severo hates this music. Me? I've always loved the music of youth. This kind, especially. It has a savage energy." Araya announces.

"We're here for Derek Hale," Lydia states.

"Is that so?" Araya responds.

"We know you have him. We've heard you can be bought." I smirk, cueing Stiles to start placing the money on the table.

"It's fifty-thousand for Derek." Stiles refers to the money.

"Now, where does a teenage boy get money like this? Japanese mafia?" Araya asks.

We turn to the door when we hear the sound of guns cocking.

"Not smart to come alone." Araya sneered.