Chapter 23

Bennett's POV

Everything was hazy and muffled. I couldn't see nor move but something was reaching for me. It felt like I was stuck in a dream somehow, not being able to move or think properly, but for some reason I was awake wherever I was and that had to mean something. Now I'm waiting for something, drifting along and waiting. I felt like I was close to something but it was just out of reach so I started concentrating on my senses. I willed myself to listen and try and pick up anything I could. Voices or movements, just something. Then I tried moving. Working out how to move my limbs was a struggle but eventually I broke down the barrier stopping me and it felt like I was back in my body, and not drifting slowly around.

After a while I managed to move my hand but what seemed like a huge move was only realistically a twitch in one of my fingers. But it was progress. I kept trying and trying, pursuing my determination to find what I was waiting for. It was like I knew something was there but what it was wasn't clear.

Something switched on in my brain and I moved my fingers and then my wrist. I repeated it over and over again feeling the muscles work and loosen up. My other senses started waking up to allowing me to consciously breathe again.

I continued to move my hand around until the strangest feeling swarmed me. Something else touched my hand sending sparks shooting across my skin and waking my brain up completely.

"Bennett?" A shaky voice called out.

It sounded so familiar and it made me so happy for some reason. I knew this person but I couldn't place them yet. I felt my face move and my lips curved my into a smile for this voice I was hearing.

"Bennett, w-wake up, I'm h-here." They pleaded again changing tones.

Something touched my cheek and the sparks ignited again trailing a path down my face, across my lips, down my arms until both my hands were held in two large warm ones.

"Come back to me baby please, I'm here. I know you can do it. I miss you so much."

My eyes opened automatically with my vision hazy and brain foggy I saw my Leo right in front of me. Everything clicked back in place just like it should do. I had my grumpy, possessive, heart-warming merman next to me and all I had to do was look into his beautiful violet eyes and know exactly what he was feeling.

We probably didn't say anything for minutes. We just looked at each other and Leo ran his hands over my body massaging the life back into it. He kissed my lips and I felt a tear fall onto my chest.

"You came back," he croaked. "I thought...I thought you'd never wake up baby."

I smiled at him bring my hand up and brushing it through his hair. "I l-love you." I managed to get out, my throat dry from not speaking for however long I had been asleep.

"I love you too, more than you know." He admitted kissing my slightly chapped lips again.

Spoiling the moment of love between us, a young man that could easily be mistaken for a beautiful girl ran in, followed by another equally as beautiful man both wearing white doctors coats.

"Prince Bennett, y-you're awake." The first one gasped running over and shuffling things about next to me.

I took this time to observe the funny room I was in. Looking at all shells stuck in the walls and feeling the soft green blanket that looked very much like seaweed I was lying on. Steam arose around me from the weird rock pool I was lying in. The hot water heated the seaweed bed I was lying on and warming up my back nicely. Leo still had hold of my hands and led down next to me trailing his lips up and down my neck ever so lightly. He pulled the blanket further around us tucking it into my sides.