Chapter 1

I'm a vampire.

I was created or made when I almost died in a plane crash ten years ago. I was going to Brazil for my vacation with my parents and I don't even know what happened, one minute everyone was relaxed, some sleeping others reading or watching something and the next minute we're tumbling down to the earth, people screaming and shouting 'we're gonna die' over and over again.

I was among the people that just sat there, too shocked to do anything. My mother grabbed my arm and pulled me with her as she followed my dad to wherever he was leading us which turned out to be where the emergency parachutes were kept. But before we got there, I was shoved out of the way as someone raced past me and grabbed the three parachutes that were left.

I had regained my balance somewhat but the guy with the parachutes retraced his way back and before I had time to move out of the way I was shoved again and this time I lost my balance and toppled to the floor.

I screamed for parents to help me. "Ma! Papa! Help me! I can't get up!" People kept stepping on me, even when they saw me laying on the ground. I see a flight attendant hand my mom and dad parachutes and I doubled my efforts of calling them. They didn't hear me though, or if they did they chose to ignore it.

They strapped them on and held hands. Most people had now jumped off the plane but others hadn't.

I see a boy that couldn't be much older than me, probably sixteen or seventeen. He had curly black hair that was almost an afro and the prettiest brown eyes I've ever seen. He looked scared with bruises on his face and arms with tears dripping down his cheeks. I turn back to look at where my parents were and see them. At first I'm relieved at seeing them but then the happiness vanishes as quickly as it came as I see them jump off.

Just before they disappear into the blackness of the sky outside, they turn back to look at me and wave as a 'goodbye'.

I just sat there too shocked to do anything. They left me. My own parents left me to die. They took the chance they were given but left me, their own son on that plane.

I curled into a ball and cried. My whole body ached and I think my right arm and leg were broken. I couldn't even muster up any energy to move as I curled in tighter to myself.

I just stayed like that for a while but then lightened up as I remember the boy with the curly afrp. I looked up and the boy was still on the ground just metres away from me.

I crawled over to him and lay there exhausted. That had taken quite some effort and energy on my part. I look at him and ask the first thing that popped into my head. "You look like a prince." Wow, how more stupid could I get?

"Thanks" he chuckled weakly, "my name's Jacob Perez and I'm 17." So I got his age wrong but close enough. He outstretched his hand for me to shake and I did.

"Mine is Chresanto August and I'm 17 too."

We stayed quiet and listened to the people still stranded on the plane. I really didn't care if I died now, my parents had left me to die so what's the point. There were shouts and cries of pain and screams that only grew louder the closer we got to the earth.