Sixty-Two

She pulled her phone out of her pocket and called Jin first. Jin didn't pick up. She tried Rapmon. Rapmon answered on the first ring.

"Where are you guys?" He asked angrily.

"Check the alleys. We need bleach and a trash bag." She murmured, barely moving her lips.

"What-" She hung up, cutting him off. She threw her phone on the ground and stomped on it, breaking it. She held her hand out and Suga obediently put his phone in her hand. She did the same thing.

"We have to leave now." She whispered.

"Yeah I know." He nodded numbly.

"We can't beat them. Best we can do is run." She mumbled. He nodded again. She picked up the remains of the phones and threw them in the trash. When she turned around Suga was crouched in front of V.

"I'm so sorry." Suga whispered, a few tears falling from his eyes. She walked over slowly, kicking the stupid gun out of the way. Suga didn't seem to hear her. She put her hands on his shoulders and pulled him away from V. He stood and stumbled back. She caught him and gently pushed him against the alley wall. She kissed his cheek.

"You stay here. Don't move okay? We need to clean up."

"You can't fix this." He growled.

"No, but I need to get you away from here. So I need to make him go away." She pointed to the killer. Suga nodded numbly,

"Okay."

Rapmon, J-Hope, Jungkook, and Jimin appeared in the entrance to the alley. They stopped dead at the sight. She grabbed the bleach from Rapmon.

"Where's Jin?" She asked.

"We-we don't know." Jimin's voice shook with emotion.

"Go find him. I'll clean up here." She whispered, already beginning to bag up the killer. Rapmon didn't move. He just stared at V blankly.

"Jungkook go up, J-Hope go down, and Jimin check the back streets." She ordered. The three ran off to get their minds off everything. Rapmon probably wasn't okay enough to do anything. He slowly leaned against alley wall by Suga. Neither said anything, they just stared. She finished bagging up the body and she threw it in the dumpster. It didn't matter how heavy he was, it got her mind off V. She spread the bleach around the ground and began to scrub away the blood. The burning smell of the bleach filled her nostrils, but anything was better than the blood and the death. The first time she had done this, the stench hadn't reeked so much. But then again they weren't freshly dead, and they hadn't been her friends. She shook her head and continued scrubbing.

She threw the rags in the trash and stood. They stood in silence for a while. She didn't think about V. She planned what they should do next.

"Give me your phone." She demanded. Rapmon obeyed limply. She called 911 and explained their emergency. Then she threw the phone on the ground and broke it. She threw the pieces in the trash.

"Rapmon, go home and pack up everybody's stuff." She whispered.

"Why?" He asked.

"We're leaving." She stated simply.

"We can't just-" He burst angrily.

"They've already killed one of us. Now we run." She wasn't going to let him argue that. He nodded hesitantly and left. She took his place and stood next to Suga. She grabbed Suga's hand and held his hand weakly. The smell of bleach would be gone by now. It only faintly stung her nostrils. The familiar sound of sirens filled the air. She watched as the people cleaned up V's body. She held the gun tightly between her back and the wall. It was uncomfortable, but it wasn't like thinking about V. Everything passed in a blur and soon they were alone again. The sun was setting and she knew it probably looked beautiful. She liked it better when it rained. She remembered how this whole thing used to feel. Surreal, with no serious consequences. Now it was real and they had faced the consequences. And it hurt like f**k.

"If we were 30 seconds earlier." Suga whispered, fury permeating his voice.

"I know."

"Why did he have a gun? They know we're just kids." Suga breathed.

"Why do people have to die?" She asked.

"I don't know. And I don't care. I just know it's f**ked up." He sighed. He leaned his head back against the brick and closed his eyes. She rested her head on his shoulder.

"Let's go home." She choked, tears falling from her eyes. V was dead. They'd never hear his laugh. See his smile. Hear his voice. Never again.

"My home is broken. And my heart it broken." His breath hitched in his chest.

"Mine too. But we can't waste any more time. If we do, our bodies will be broke too." She squeezed his hand and began to pull him back to his house.

Why?