Chapter 32: Revenge is a Bitch

I wake up to the sounds of birds chirping and heavy breathing. I sit up onto the bed. Noticing Jen's still asleep I carefully get up climbing off the bed. I walk over to my suitcases and start unpacking. I neatly hang all my clothes up in the walk in closet.

After twenty minutes in the closet, I pick out my outfit for the day. Which consisted of a grey Nike crop top, black shorts, and white air max's.

I take my clothes to the bathroom and draw myself a warm shower. After taking a shower, I walk out into the room quietly as Jen is still sleeping. I leave my hair wet, knowing it'll air dry itself.

I take my phone out of my side bag and stuff it into the waistband of my shorts. I walk down the hall, take a right, and slide down the stairs railing.

I walk into the kitchen where I see Henry cooking something," Morning Henry." I smile walking over to him.

"You're awake early." He says.

"Yup. So what are you cooking?"

"Pancakes, bacon, and eggs." He says.

"You're making real food?" I eyes widen in excitement.

He laughs," Yes, I went grocery shopping this morning."

"That's nice. I thought I would have to go." I say wiping off my forehead in relief.

He laughs at my behaviour," You remind me so much of Lily."

"Who's that?" I ask grabbing a green apple from the fruit rack and taking a seat on the island yet once again.

"That is the twin's real mother."

"Oh." I say. I had totally forgotten about that. "Can you explain to me how she was like?" I ask curiously wanting to know how Heath's personality matched his mother's.

"Well, like I just said exactly like you. She would always smile, laugh, and find the good things in the worst of situations. She never gave up on what she believed in, no matter how much people put her down. She put on a smile to hide the sorrows, the worries, and the regret she had. Laughing was her way of forgetting."

I put down the apple that I took one bite off of as I felt my heart sink a little," Henry, I'm not-"

"I'm not implying anything Riley, but there's definitely more to you then that smile." He says.

I know that, but I can't just live in the pain. I've moved on," How did you know Lily so well?" I ask.

"She's my sister." He says as the bacon sizzles in the pan.

"Oh." Is all I have to say. "Ah can I eat outside?" I ask Henry.

"Yeah sure I'll just bring the food out. The backyard is the last door down the hallway which is under the stairs." He explains.

"Okay, thank you." I say before jumping off the counter and heading in the direction he explained. I was at the end of the hall in under five minutes.

I open the glass door letting the fresh air in. The backyard had a rectangular pool on the deck with lawn chairs lined up on the edge. Beyond the pool was a field of green and hydrated grass. I walk onto the field towards a table which was sheltered with an enormous umbrella. I take a seat in one of the chairs and look around at the huge yard.

The sun was shining and it felt like thirty degrees outside while inside felt like a good fifteen.

As I wait for breakfast to arrive I decide to take out my phone. I check the time. Nine thirty eight. Before I could do anything else, a tray of food is settled on the table in front of me. I put my phone down on the table and look at Heath who went across to the other side of the table and sat down.