Chapter 33: Shopping!

I wake up to a gruesome pain in my stomach. I have a hard time sitting up onto the bed, but I force myself with all the strength I have. I hadn't gotten any sleep because of the pain either I was constantly moving around until six in the morning. I slowly stretch my arm out towards the nightstand and grab the bottle of Tylenol along with a glass of water.

I open the bottle and take out the last pill. I put it in my mouth and gulp it down with some water. I sit in that position for a while waiting for the pain to lessen.

Why is it hurting so fricken bad this time? I think to myself. I haven't had it this bad since I was eighteen. I let out an exasperated sigh. It's the last day Riley just push through it. I encourage myself as I push the sheets to the side and climb out of bed.

I walk into my closet and grab a pair of dark blue jeans and a white 'V' neck shirt. After that, I walk into the bathroom and start my morning routine.

*********

"Are you doing better today?" Jen's voice laced with concern.

I put on a convincing smile," Yup and I didn't even take a pill today." I lie as we walk outside to Heath's car.

Jen sits in the passenger seat and I sit in the back behind Heath. Heath starts the car and we're on our way. The whole house was surrounded by a metal gate. After we got out, I saw that the area was pretty deserted except for a couple of other ginormous houses which were each a good five minute drive away from each other.

About a half hour drive later, Heath had parked under ground in the malls parking lot. I swiftly got out as the pain was completely gone for now.

I stand at the front of the car and watch Heath and Jen come out of the car at the same time. Jen looked as pretty as always, wearing a grey 'V' neck shirt with ripped dark blue jean short. As for Heath, he was wearing a white shirt under a checkered flannel, a pair of dark blue jeans, and white high top converse.

I was actually surprised to see Heath wearing a full outfit because all he usually wears are shorts and a shirt. He pulled this outfit off really well and I couldn't help, but imagine him wearing a suit and tie. Damn.. Shut the eff up Riley. Luke.

His well toned muscles would just find a way to tear through the buttons of the shirt... "Starring are we?" My thoughts are broken by a cocky smirk on Heath's face.

"Please." I roll my eyes and turn around not before noticing the dark bags under his eyes. Has he even been sleeping? His face had looked totally drained, but he's acting like he's fine.

I continue walking towards the escalator and decide to put all thoughts at the back of my mind, just for today.

"Riley slow down!" Jen yells from behind me. I stop in my place and turn around to see her running up to me while Heath was already only a few steps behind me. "Okay guys we're here to shop, so put on some smiles and don't go running off." Jen scolds crossing her arms around her chest. She looks at me.

"Hey I want to shop." I put my hand up in surrender. She looks at Heath next.

"You don't need to worry about me." Heath's eyes focused on me. Riley just ignore him.

"If you're done acting like a mom can we go now?" I whine. Jen gives me a stare before uncrossing her arms.

"Okay let's go, shoooping!" She sings running up and onto the escalator.

"Hey wait for me!" I run up onto the escalator and Heath does the same.

Once we get to the top I see that this mall is crowded. So many people in this mall families, couples, and friends. It feels like almost everyone was here today. A smile appears on my lips as I remember the mall back home used to be exactly like this. "Where do you wanna go first?" Jen asks.

"Ahh Mac?" I ask.

"Okay." She smiles and we start walking.

"Soo have you talked to Ian?" I ask curiously they probably miss each other.

"Yeah, he's been really upset recently because we were actually suppose to spend break together, but shit happened and he couldn't. He won't stop blaming himself." She rolls her eyes.

"He'll get over it eventually sometimes I feel like guys make things bigger than they are more than girls do." We both laugh.

"Why did I come again?" Heath butts in. I almost forgot he was here.

"Because," Jen starts," You're a sweet and dear brother who cares about his sister and friends well being, and are going to buy the most gorgeous and expensive gifts for. them." She smiles devilishly.

"Oh really? I don't remember saying all that." Heath raises his eyebrows.

"Oh come on we know you will." Jen scolds him as we walk into Mac. Wait. Why did I choose Mac? I don't even wear that much make up. "Riley should I get this?" Jen asks looking at the bronzers.

I walk up to her and look at them with her. "That one's too dark." I look around at the rack," This one. You should get it, it's not too dark it'll go great with your skin."

"Yeah I think so too. Okay, I'll get this one." She smiles.

"And I'll take that one." I take the one I told Jen not to buy. I have a darker skin tone then Jen so it should look good on me.

She laughs," Okay." We walk up to the register and pay for our stuff.

"Where's Heath?" Jen asks looking around as we stand outside of Mac.

I look around not being able to spot him. "Not sure." I say," Forget about it let's just shop we'll find him later."

"Okay, he's probably off looking for gifts." She smiles.

*********

"Can we eat, now?" I ask for the hundredth time today. It's been three hours since we've been shopping and my stomach has been constantly growling. On the other hand, Jen has constantly been messaging an old friend and won't get off her phone. We sit down at one of the food court tables. I stare at Jen who's smiling at her phone. "Jen!" I groan.

"You go, I'll get food later." She shoos me.

"Fine." I roll my eyes and get up. "What to eat?" I talk to myself. There's over twenty choices: KFC, Mcdonalds, Chipotle, Subway, A&W, Dairy queen, and many more.

I finally make up my mind and stand in line for Chipotle. After I order Cilantro-Lime white rice topped with chicken and cheese, I wait on the side for it to be ready.

"Order number five hundred sixty five!" One of the employees yells. I look at my receipt which had the same number on it. I walk up to him and show him the receipt. He smiles, and I take my food. Mmm. The smell of rice hits my nostrils and my mouth immediately starts watering.

Just as I was about to turn around a pair of hands grabs me from my waist," Boo!" I get startled and slam the tray back on the counter.

I turn around in anger and look at Heath. "Fricken idiot! I could've dropped my food!" I yell at him. He doesn't stop laughing and I take my tray of food walking towards the table Jen and I were sat at. When I get to the table I see that neither Jen or our stuff was at the table.

I sit down thinking that she probably went to get food. I start eating right when Heath slips onto the seat in front of me," Someone looks hungry." He teases. I don't answer and continue eating the warm food. "If you're wondering where Jen is, she went out to town with her friend." He says and my mouth drops open.

She left me alone with him?! How?! Heath and I alone. Shopping. Noway. He will eat me alive with his cockiness. "You're kidding right?" I ask after I get over my moment of shock.

"Nope we've got the whole day to ourselves Princess." He smirks.

"Ugh!" I groan stuffing another spoonful of rice in my mouth. This is going to be a very long day.

A/N:

This is a very short and bad chapter. I SINCERELY APOLOGIES! The next chapter will be much sweeter, funnier and longer!

Comment-Vote-Follow-Share!