Chapter 38: It's Christmas!

"Is Santa here yet?!" They all ask in unison the minute I land on the floor.

"Ah I-" I get cut of by a loud groan from the chimney. All our heads snap to that direction. Oh no he didn't?! A smile appears on my face as we all walk over to the fireplace.

And there he was, dressed as Santa covered in black dust. He mutters something under his breath as he climbs out," Ho! Ho! Ho!" His voice deeper than usual.

"Santa!" All of the kids run to him.

"Ho! Ho! Ho kids!"

"Santa where's my present?" Liam asks curiously.

"Ho ho ho they're right here." Heath says reaching into the sack of presents. One by one he gives each of the kids their presents and in return the kids give him their thank you letters.

"Now kids if you're not naughty, I'll be back next year."

"Yaay!"

"But before I go I have presents for you two too." Heath looks at Jen and I. He walks over to Jen and hands her an envelope. Jen smiles and thanks him.

Heath makes his way over to me and hands me a decently sized box which was a little heavy.

"Merry Christmas." He says in his normal voice. Even under his fake white beard I could see his smirk.

"Thanks Santa." I smirk. "You're forgiven."

"Thanks and don't open your presents yet." He whispers to Jen and I before turning to leave.

"Ho ho ho! Time to go kids. See you next year!"

"Bye Santa!" All the kids say busy playing with their new toys.

Heath leaves taking the front door this time. I look over at Jen who seemed to be overly joyed by all of this. Jen looks at the adorable kids playing with their toys," They're so happy." She says almost like she's about to tear up.

"I know," I hug her," and it's only because of you." I smile.

*********

"Princess hurry up! I want my present!" I hear Heath yell as I walk down the hallway towards the lounge.

I walk to them and sit down with them making a circle. "This is yours." I hand Heath the biggest box," Jen this is for you." I smile handing her a little box cutely wrapped around with a bow.

"And this is for you." Jen hands me an envelope.

"Thank you." I say.

"Okay Princess you open yours first." Heath says smirking.

"Okay." I decided it would be safe to open Jen's present first. Once I open it I read the letter.

Dear Riley,

I can't even explain how happy I am to have you in my life. The day you showed up at our dorm, just then I knew you weren't like other girls. You were different in a good way. You stood up to my brother and you didn't fall for him or had casual sex with him like every other girl at our school. You're my sister and I would never regret saying that, ever. You're my best friend and I always want you to be in my life. I know your past sucked, but I want to make your future better all of us do.

P.S. - Sorry about keeping you up or out of the dorm

Love,

Jen<3

"Awee! Thank you!" I say hugging her," This is so sweet." A gift card was also snuck into the envelope.

"No problem." She smiles. I take Heath's presents and gently open it. I lift the top off of the box and an iPhone 6s was laying in it.

"You got me a phone?!"

"That's what they're called, aren't they?" Heath smiles.

"Thank you!" I give Heath a hug. At first he was surprised, because I could feel him tense, but soon he relaxed and put his hand down on my back.

After we break the hug," Okay Heath you open yours."

Heath takes the huge box and monstrously starts ripping the wrapping off. After finally ripping all of them off, he starts opening one box after another," Really Princess?"

I innocently smile. After a minute or two, he finally gets to the last box. "There's always someone." He reads from the clip of the pen and a smile appears on his face.

"You like it?"

"Very." He smiles and that causes me to smile as well. He's genuinely happy.

********

"We should go to bed now." Jen yawns.

After the gift exchange, we decided to watch scary Christmas movies, so now it's around two in the morning. Tomorrow's the twenty sixth and I can't help, but notice the weird feeling in my gut. "Heath, can I see your phone I wanted to add contacts to my new phone."

Heath nods and hands me his phone after unlocking it. I sat on the other end of the sofa so that he couldn't see what I was doing. I bring out my new phone to make it look more believable and start going through Heath and Dylan's messages.

Dylan
Are you sure she doesn't know anything?

Heath
No, I think she's lying, but like I said I'm not sure.

Dylan
She won't know anything you're going at one in the morning.

Heath
I guess, I just don't want her getting involved. I mean I don't even know why I told her.

Dylan
Don't man. Just focus on the twenty sixth. It's a big day. She won't get involved.

"You done?" Heath asks startling me.

"Mhm." I attach his find my phone with mine. I don't trust him and I definitely don't trust the people he's going to meet. This way I'll always know where he is. I quickly clear his history and go on his contacts and give his phone back to him. "Thanks I'm going to head up now."

I walk past him, but stop in my tracks when I feel his hand wrap around my wrist. Remind me not to walk past him, ever. I look back and down at him. He stands up now making me look up," Why are you acting so weird?" Heath questions.

"Me? Weird? That's normal." I say. "I mean if I wasn't being weird then it would be weird." Heath raises his eyebrows trying to analyze my behaviour. Heath pulls me towards him and wraps his other hand around my waist. "Ah..-"

"Shh." Heath says. Fuck my life. Why does his chest have to be so hard?... Clear your mind, Riley. "So Princess would you like to tell me what you're hiding, or do you want me to get it out of you?" He smirks. I give him a 'are you challenging me' look. "Now don't give me that look." He pouts.

"I'm not hiding anything that would concern you." I say keeping my eyes away from his.

"But you are hiding something?" His smirks grows even wider.

"Yes. I've told you that before. Now let go of me." I demand.

"Does the highness not like it when I'm this close to her." He leans his head in and kisses me on the cheek. The kiss sent waves electricity through me. Fuck.

"No I don't. Now move away before I start playing." I warn him. If he thinks he'll break me by one stupid kiss on the cheek he's got another thing coming.

His face covered in a shocked expression and soon his cheeks start to turn rosy pink. He lets go of me and takes a step back scratching the back of his head. Wow his muscles though.. Focus you idiot!

"Thank you." I cockily smile and run up the stairs taking them three at a time.

I snuggle into bed. Tomorrow's going to be a long and interesting day.

A/N:

I'm very tired, sorry for the short chapter! Next chapter's going to be the most action packed one yet! Can't wait to publish!!!

Comment-Share-Vote-Follow!